Sunday, June 17, 2007

Panic in Internet Poker Again!

I was reading some WSOP blog updates when I ran acros this:

"With just 24 days to go before banks are required to comply with the UIGEA, I was greeted with this unfortunate message when I went to cash out my daily $300 from ePassporte today:

US Bank Account

This functionality is temporarily disabled. Our backend ACH processor is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back later.

I wonder if technical difficulties mean, our USA processor just bumped us to comply with UIGEA and we're scrambling to find another. I have about $2,000 left of the large sum I've been pulling out at $300/day for quite a while, I hope I can get the rest out. I also have a dozen $300 withdraws in the “pipeline” that have left my ePassporte account but haven't shown up in my bank account.

Ok, so now would be the panic time. Online poker is about to collapse in the USA. Get your money out now. :)

Update: ePassporte is working again, for now. Still, less than a month left before full-on UIGEA."

I will read up on UIGEA and post about it after Tuesday. But forget the poker angle guys and gals. Our - scratch that - THE government is squeezing the people of this nation more and more, except for the ones here illegally.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's our government. do nothing about our open borders but punish poker players since they are such a threat to the nation.

Anonymous said...

In a PS email they said to consider

www.netspend.com

There current Visa Debit card offer had so many takers that they have temporarily capped it!