Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Nahanni Wins Back to Back NPP Internet Tourneys! - Takes Tourney #22

It was deja vue all over again for me. But I am getting ahead of the story. Ten showed up for the game – including a new player – 1stout! Welcome Todd.

We started with two tables so I missed out on how Momo (10th) exited on hand #61.

On hand #72, Matchy (9th) took the bad beat of the night – thanks to me. I raised with JJ and got called. The flop of T98 looked promising for me so I bet. When Matchy re-raised a large amount, I am not going to lie - I put him on AA, KK or QQ. So I should have folded.

Matchy had AA! I thought I was close to a coin flip, but I was actually a 61% – 38% under dog if I called. I honestly thought I was better than that, maybe 52-48, and I had him covered. My math was off and I gambled – hitting a 7 on the turn for the straight.

On hand #79 Sev4TSev (8th) and Nahanni hooked up in a hand. The flop of [QKA] got all the money in and Sev4TSev’s AJ could not overtake Nahanni’s KQ.

On hand #82, a short-stacked ArticBlast (7th) got his two pair all-in out-kicked by 1stout.

On hand #89, 1stout (6th) was gone as his AT could not overtake Boother’s 88.

At the break: Nahanni 4600, Nik Faldo 3600, Beerhog 3500, Rownder 1700, and Boother 1600.

On hand #94, Rownder (5th) gets pot committed and goes all in with A6 and a board of [8Q363]. But Nahanni has K8 to take him out.

On hand #102, Boother (4th) gets all-in with Q8 against Beerhog’s A8 and he doesn’t catch up.

I take the chip lead when I hit a flush on the turn and Nahanni bets into it. I return the favor later and then some. Nahanni was now in 3rd.

Hand #114 was a butt kicker. Especially since I laid down JJ to Nahanni’s monster bet the hand before with a K on the flop. Nahanni had AA, Beerhog 66 and I had TT.

I raised and was re-raised again by Nahanni naturally. And when Beerhog called, I dumped. Wise move as it turned out – although it didn’t stop the inevitable. This hand crippled Beerhog and gave Nahanni the chip lead.

I took Beerhog (3rd) out with AT against his A3 on hand #125.

I won hand #130 when my TT held on against Nahanni’s 88. That got us back to even. But hand #135 hurt as Nahanni’s flush beat my two pair.

She had 9000 to my 6000 at this point.

The final hand had me (2nd) hit the two pair on the flop right into Nahanni’s trip deuces. I had 76 and the flop came down [2c7c2s]. I got all-in afraid of the over-pair or flush running me down, but I was already cooked.

That is two wins in a row for Nahanni. Very impressive against this group of players!

1st – Nahanni
2nd – Nik Faldo
3rd – Beerhog
4th – Boother
5th – Rownder
6th – 1stout
7th – ArticBlast
8th – Sev4TSev
9th – Matchy
10th - Momo

No comments: