Saturday, September 30, 2006

Paradise Poker Returns - Party Poker OUT

Party Poker has screwed me for the last time! The biggest site has obviously has got too big for their britches.

Party Poker has a policy that if you do not earn FPP's during a ONE MONTH period, they erase all the FPP's you have earned - without warning!

I called them on this the first time they did it and they stated their policy, returned my FPP's and said they would send me an email the next time I got within a week of the cutoff.

Well I got a couple of emails warning me on the 2 occasions over the year I didn't make it back in time and I dutifly returned to the site to earn some points. This last time - no email and swoosh! - FFP's gone again.

I sent them an email telling them what I thought of their policy and that I was cashing out - which I did. I got an email back telling me how to reclaim my points - which I also did.

But still, this threat of losing points if you do not play in a month is just too antagonistic. Poker Stars waits a year and then sends you emails before closing your account. Party Poker takes first and makes you work to get them back.

Paradise is returning for two reasons: First, they are a good site and they have a $1 tourney at 9am and 2:15 pm that I can play in on the weekends now that golf is all done for the year pretty much.

Second, they have a sports book on which I can get the lines on the football games - for news information only of course!

No comments: