Friday, September 15, 2006

My Sites Are Shrinking!

I guess it was Pokertropolis closing, Mansion Poker stealing my money and Party Poker stealing my frequent player points that got me on the site reduction binge.

As readers know, I was researching sites and always trying new ones. I still have a few on the list to get to, but from now on it will be with play money ONLY! The glut of poker sites and the fact that our Congress may cut into our freedoms again at any moment, has me squeemish as to trusting my money into a non-established site.

I used to bounce around a ton of sites at one time - between 15 and 20 of them usually. But no more. I have dropped a bunch for various reasons. Good sites too, just tired of having to search or wait for the tournament type I wanted. Here is the recent casualty list and why:

OUT
Bet Royal Poker - Expensive tourneys
CD Poker - Too many re-buy tourneys and expensive tourneys
Mansion Poker - Liars and cheats
Pacific Poker - Not enough starting chips in tourneys
Poker Host - Not enough starting chips in tourneys
Pokertropolis - closed
Poker Room - Expensive tourneys and poor software
Poker Poker - Not enough tourneys
Poker 4 Ever - Not enough players
Royal Vegas Poker - same site as the Gaming Club
Titan Poker - same site as CD Poker

I also have some sites on the bubble:
Bo Dog Poker - Expensive tourneys and don't like the new software
Jet Set Poker - Not enough players
Jungle Poker - Not enough players
Paradise Poker - Expensive tourneys
Full Tilt Poker - Expensive tourneys
Ultimate Bet Poker - Mostly Rebuy tourneys
Platinum Poker (Doyle's Room) - Don't like the site
Absolute Poker - Don't like the software or really trust the site
Party Poker - Pissed me off with their 'must play' rules to keep FPP's

Who is still on my Happy List? I will discuss that on my first post after the NPP game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let it be known that Full Tilt supports the superior Mac platform and I do like their ring action.

Nik Faldo said...

Let it be known that Fourputt actually said to me that he liked Mac's action around his ring while they watched Brokeback Mt. together.
This is why he can't make the NPP game or golf this weekend.

Anonymous said...

under pressure