Monday, February 01, 2010

Random Questions Answered by Faldo – Part IV

What do you think of Cake Poker buying T.J. Cloutier’s WSOP bracelet and returning it to him after they bought it from him?

It was a self-serving advertising gesture that does harm – not good.

T. J. Cloutier is a great poker legend and a gentleman at the poker table. However, the scuttlebutt is he is a degenerate gambler at the craps table. Cake Poker returning the publicly sold bracelet to him, will only give him the chance to PRIVATELY sell it the next time. There will be a next time.

Cake Poker gave T.J. the equivalent of a Democrat Freddie Mac – Fanny Mae house mortgage, and you see what that did to the country. Do you think this gesture by Cake Poker will heal T.J.?

Like foreign aid – where the poor people of a rich country give money to the rich people of a poor country – this too will be a waste of kindness and an enabling gesture to the demons.

Sometimes the best course of action is to do nothing.

When was the last time you yelled at someone?

Yesterday - at the person on the television! Glad you caught me BEFORE I watched a news program today, or the answer would have been today. It drives me insane that an interviewer can ask any of one of about a dozen questions to any liberal or Democrat on television - and turn that liberal into a stuttering mess – but they never do. Makes you wonder why they never ask the proper questions - or the questions properly - doesn’t it?

You could only have one of these free for a year; a cook, a housekeeper, a masseuse, a chauffer or a secretary?

Cooking and housekeeping is already done to perfection by “The Boss.” My selection would have to be a carefully selected ‘secretary’, as she would handle the other duties mentioned also. Trust me, I have hired secretaries in the past, and multi-talented they MUST be.

What is the strangest thing you ever done on a date?

I don’t think it qualifies as strange. Does skinny-dipping count?

What is your sign?

Leo. But I don’t put any stock in horoscopes.

Would you ever play in a poker game you thought you were probably not going to win in, just for the fun of it?

Yes, but it was not for fun. Just wanted to go up a level and see how I would do. Well, I lost. Who knew the .05 / .10 limit tables were so tough?

How long could you spend at Cedar Point without getting bored?

Two minutes. Spending money to stand in line is not my kind of place.

2 comments:

Matchy said...

We put alot of our poker triumphs on this blog, please allow me to post one of my epic fails. I have not played in tournaments at all for several months. I was about an 1.5 hours deep into the sat night tourney this weenend at grill 23 and my 10,000 stack was at about 7,500 mostly due to inactivity and terrible hole cards. I look down at k7 off in the big blind and check. Flop comes kqj and I bet 500 with one caller. Turn is a blank and I bet 500 again and get another call from the button. River is a diamond that puts a potential flush on the board and I am a little bored and only see like 5 chips left (one of them is a 5,000) and decide to shove it all in. The button says if you have the flush you are good, but I call (uh-oh) and tables a flopped straight. I never said I was any good, but that was pretty lame on my part. I had grown accustomed to the rush of "real" chips and rapid hands in a cash game and lost patience. Oh well, hopefully I will learn from it.

Anonymous said...

What do you think of Cake Poker buying T.J. Cloutier’s WSOP bracelet and returning it to him after they bought it from him?

Seemed to be kind...suspect the motives were skewed and selfish.

When was the last time you yelled at someone?

Does yelling at my computer on a bad beat count? Then it was this week. Otherwise, it has been a very long time. I try not to yell at an actual person. No gain.

You could only have one of these free for a year; a cook, a housekeeper, a masseuse, a chauffer or a secretary?

I would chose a housekeeper just so my better half could devote more time to #1.

What is the strangest thing you ever done on a date?

Does a double date qualify? Hey, I was young. Are foursomes strange?

What is your sign?

STOP is my sign ...but I usually don't.

Would you ever play in a poker game you thought you were probably not going to win in, just for the fun of it?

Yes. Some times the fun is just what you can learn from it. It can also wind up to profit you later. If we only entered tourneys we knew we could win...would any of us play?

How long could you spend at Cedar Point without getting bored?

I am bored in every line, but the ride is worth the wait. Love it !