Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boother36 Wins a Premier Poker Lounge Tourney

Boother36 took care of business last Friday at the Premier Poker Lounge in Hartland at the Grille23 Restaurant and Tavern.

I would have liked to have posted this sooner, but since cashing in a tourney is like breathing to Boother36, he didn’t feel the need to tell Faldo about it. I had to drag it out of him by threatening him with NPP Committee sanctions!

And I begged him for the story too. Here it is:

“I had a free Friday night so I thought I would checkout the recently re-opened PPL card room at Grill 23 in Hartland.

They had a $40 buy-in tourney that started at 7 PM. I wanted to get there early to check out the cash game action, but ended up running late. Good thing though, since there was no cash game running before the tourney. Some of the regulars claimed that a special weekend tourney at the Howell Eagles club was stealing players?!?! A 1 table cash game was rolling at 11:00 or so when I left.

They ended up with 14 players for the tourney. My luck seemed to be running ok at the beginning. I was able to stay above starting chip stack without risking too much. But my luck turned for the better once they combined down to the final table.

The first hand at the final table, I end up flopping the nut flush. I have a guy betting into me, eventually going all-in. He was the first of 5 people I knocked out at that table. I did have one huge suck-out when I got priced in for all my chips after the turn, only to hit my hand on the river.

I guess the slate is now clean for all those times I have gotten screwed by said river!!! At the end of the tourney, I ended up chopping for 1st (they only paid the top 2 spots!!).

I thought the card room was very nice and they ran a good tourney. Not crowed at all, but the staff was very friendly. I truly believe that the staff (and the owners) know that players want to feel comfortable and play in a friendly atmosphere. They did everything they could to make you feel that way!! I think I will be back….as soon as this weekend possibly….” - Boother36

Boother joins Beerhog, K9isadog, Matchy and Faldo as NPP winners of PPL tourneys. Nice job Boother. And just because you win tournaments more often than Faldo folds his blinds, is no reason not to report your poker wins to me.

Don’t make me send the NPP Committee after you again!

Faldo may make an appearance this weekend too. I am planning an official NPP Night at PPL in November. Let’s try to get Please pick a night (Thursday – Friday –Saturday) by commenting here.

2 comments:

BriMar said...

Nice job Boother!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bri

I say we get a NPP night planned for Nov. Fri or Sat is good. Pick a date Mike and let's all show up.

Boother