Friday, April 10, 2009

Faldo Wins Premier Poker Lounge Re-buy Tourney

Well, it was a chop, but being able to outlast thirty other players, I’ll take it.

It is the scheduled tourney every Thursday evening at the Premier Poker Lounge at Mt. Brighton/ The Jackal Golf Course/ The Bauery Bar and Grill Restaurant.

Details for this great poker room are on the right side of the blog – either under Premier Poker Lounge or Michigan Poker News.

They run tourneys every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday – with cash games available also.

The key hands for me tonight were (55) that outlasted a (Qs Js) while short-stacked and on the bubble (paying 3 with 4 left), and an (A9) all-in that got by a (Ks 9s), (Ad 8d) and a (65) with six left. To win a tourney, you have to play well – AND get lucky at the right time.

I got heads-up and was – of course – the much shorter stack (twss).

But I managed to get back to even when the offer was made to chop it – and we did. With the chop, I pulled in 5 times my entries, re-buys and add-ons.

As usual, the tourney was on time, well run and a good time.

Players constantly say that playing at the Premier Poker Lounge is like playing in a ‘home game’ and I could not agree more! Nice people and players just seem to hang out there.

It’s my poker room when home games are not happening. – Faldo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Faldo

bigbrimar