Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TrippAA Wins His 1st NPP Tourney in His First Attempt!

This is elite company. Only seven people have done this feat!

Faldo, SpartanToJo, Momo, Doneill, Hammer1010, Steveseam and now TrippAA. Considering the strength of the competition, this is very rare air!

In addition to TrippAA, NPP welcomes Bigbrimar and welcomes back Aqualung85.

Twenty-one players made it to the felt tonight. I was a little disappointed as I was hoping for a new record (28 or more) with the start of the new quarter and the cold weather outside.

Maybe the recruitment poster of me in a Speedo had a negative effect somehow. Is that possible?

Now on to the action!

6 min: CrackBuyer (21st) is out, but I did not see it.

15 min: 1st Qtr. seat winner, LittleRedElf (20th) has his (TT) run over by Akensi’s (QQ).
20 min: Theedouble*d (19th) is out next and I missed that one too.

24min: UMichPoker (18th) is doubled-teamed by ThePunk75 (KQ) and last week’s winner Fuscairdi (AK), and her (KJ) cannot catch up.

30 min: Kensik (17th) is next out and I missed that one too! Too busy getting bluffed out of my shirt by Sirgash!

45 min: Aqualung85’s (16th) return is bad beat into submission as his short-stack all-in with (QT) loses when Rennzzo’s (J4) flushes on the river.

54 min: Douge2 (15th) has his birthday night game cut short as his (Q8) pairs on the flop but runs into Rennzzo’s (KK).

58 min: Short-stacked Boother (14th) makes his play with (QJ) right before the break and finds Absea98 with (AA).

1st Break:
Absea98 4460
Smookie27 4040
Rennzzo 3805
Nixi44 3075
Tigercub8189 2920
TrippAA 2750
Sirgash 2680 (2000 are ex-Faldo chips)
Akensi 2335
ThePunk75 1490
Fuscairdi 1475
Bigbrimar 910
Mikeniks-Faldo 805
Biglou93 755

65 min: ThePunk75 (13th) hits his trips and moves in. Smookie27 calls and hits his straight on the river.

75 min: Biglou93 (12th) is gone and as I try to find the hand to catch up….
76 min: Fuscairdi (11th) goes all-in with (Ad Jd) and finds Nixi44 with (KK), and
77 min: Bigbrimar (10th) sees his (22) run into Tigercub8189’s (77), and
78 min: Sirgash (9th) has his wife spank his (KQ) with Nixi44's (TT)! Wow.

97 min: Action quiets for a while before Smookie27 (8th) sends his (Ac Qc) out to lose to TrippAA’s (55).

98 min: Tigercub8189 (7th) tries it with his (AT) but Nixi44’s (QQ) are not caught.

101 min: Mikeniks-Faldo (6th) tries to get into position for a win – at the wrong time! My battles with Sirgash (right side) and Rennzzo (left side) have not been good for me. These Button – blind or blind –blind confrontations are always a serious matter. Another phase of the game I suck at, but I digress.

I bet hard when my (Tc 9d) hits the flop of [Td Jd 8d]. Rennzzo calls me. I bet again and Rennzzo moves all-in on a blank turn.

I have to call and find Rennzzo is holding (AA). This will be tough no matter who loses this hand. I have an ocean of outs but don’t get any of them.

Short-stacked, my (Tc 7c) can’t catch Akensi’s (AT).

2nd break:
TrippAA 10170
Absea98 8820
Akensi 4740
Rennzzo 4090
Nixi44 3680

TrippAA takes over from here with a hot run of tickets!

122 min: Fireworks early! Rennzzo (5th) sees his (33) run into TrippAA’s (TT).

Crazy stuff ensues for the next 12 minutes as Akensi survives many all-in’s. Nixi44 could not break her, but she gets broke herself by TrippAA and his flopped trip 7’s.

134 min: Short-stacked Nixi44 (4th) bubbles now when her (J5) loses to TrippAA’s flopped straight!

135 min: A short-stacked Akensi (3rd) runs out of miracles as her (K3) is no match for TrippAA’s (Ad Qd).

Heads up: TrippAA 24000 - Absea98 7500

139 min: When you are hot, you are hot! Absea98 (2nd) goes with (AJ) and sees only a (QJ) for TrippAA. But the lady card flushes for Tripp to end the night.

Congratulations to TrippAA on his first NPP win and welcome to the Walk of Fame!

1st – TrippAA
2nd – Absea98
3rd – Akensi
4th – Nixi44
5th – Rennzzo
6th – Mikeniks-Faldo
7th – Tigercub8189
8th – Smookie27
9th – Sirgash

Standings for 2nd quarter and total points are on the right side of the blog!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a great time. You have some tuff players here. Are you sure my wife wasn't dealing my cards.

bigbrimar

CrackBuyer said...

Whos that picture of? She sure does look good!

Nik Faldo said...

I was beginning to think no one was paying attention to the 'new' players at NPP. Thanks for restoring my faith, Buyer.

Anonymous said...

Nice to be back, do not know how often I can make it, I am coaching my 12 year old in CYO BASEBALL and also on a 12U TRAVEL team. Also got a 9 yr old playing first year of kid pitch so my weeknights are pretty full. I'll try and make it when I can.

but I will leave you with my greatest hit.....


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wiSWhPzdl8



AQUA

Matchy said...

The other night I am a little (ok more than a little) buzzed up and a little tired, it is about 1:20 AM and I am at the Links of Whitmore Lake playing in their cash game. I look down and see A J offsuit. I call a $2 bet and see a flop of 10 Q 3. It is checked around with a turn of 7. Once again checked around with a river of K, bang I have rivered the nut straight. I bet $15 and a player re-raises me all in which I happily call with my last $50. He shows me his A 7 of spades for the nut flush which I did not even know was there, I could not get my money in the pot fast enough with my "nut" straight. After that dumb play I have quit poker and will never play again!

Exactly one sentence in the above is a April fools joke, you guess which one!

Nik Faldo said...

A flush beats a straight????? Now you tell me.

Anonymous said...

WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!!!!