Sunday, March 22, 2009

Faldo’s Visit to Premier Poker at Mt. Brighton (The Jackal GC)

I stepped out away from the virtual felt tables to hit the real action. I stopped by the Premier Poker Lounge (PPL) at the Mt. Brighton Ski Resort and The Jackal Golf Club this weekend.

This poker room can truly boast about their seven tables, visitor seating, full bar and fine restaurant food.

But as a poker player, the best part was the smoothly and professionally run tournaments and live games with great dealers.

I was there for three of the four tournaments held this weekend, and all were run on time and in a fun atmosphere. Premier has more of a ‘home game’ feel there than any of the other charity poker rooms I have been to.

Now for the usual Faldo tales of woe.

Thursday was an unlimited $5 re-buy and then add-on available at 1st break. Twenty-two players entered – paying three places. My first hand at PPL and my (Ac Kc) all-in call got busted by a (Ah 8h) flush. This was an omen for sure.

Re-buy! The re-buy and add-on earned me the bubble spot of 4th.

Friday, Beerhog joined me for the FREEROLL, with a $10 double your chip option, re-buys and then add-on available at 1st break. Thirty people entered – paying three places. I finished 17th, while Beerhog made the final table before finishing 9th.

Saturday, Umichpoker (Michele) from the Michigan Poker News and NPP joined me for PPL’s big event – a FREEROLL with a $20 buy-in add on and a $20 add-on at 1st break – but NO REBUYS! This changes the table dynamics quite a bit. Sixty one players entered – paying five places.

Umichpoker made it to the 3-table mark, and I made the final table again, only to bubble - AGAIN – finishing 6th.

As the short stack, I re-raised a raise all-in with (55) and got called in two spots holding (KQ) and (A6). We are all about 33% at this point.

They checked it down as the board went [7 J 9]. I improve to 40% as does the (KQ) hand.

[J] on the turn and I move to 50%, leaving 25% for the two villians.

A [9] on the river counterfeit's me.

But NPP represented well as only five NPP entries managed made final table appearances in all three tourneys!

As for Faldo and the rest of his double bubble weekend, I am heading to my support group - BA - Bubbler's Anonymous: “Hi, my name is Faldo. And I bubble.” "HI FALDO!"

3 comments:

Michele said...

What a fun time! The cash table dealer was great, the food was delicious, and the room was smoke-free. Wish we could have played at the same table for a while Mr. Bubble.

Anonymous said...

Maybe Faldo should stop singing "Tiny Bubbles" before he walks in.

bigbrimar

Nik Faldo said...

Michele, it would have been great to be at the same table, but Premier Poker likes to sprinkle the poker celebrities around the tournament in order to give the clientele a thrill.

Besides, the paprazzi were out of control! It is tough being us. Brad and Angelina were there too, but no one noticed with us there.