Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Nahanni73 Wins Two in a Row!

Men – you have work to do if you are going to derail this lady, who seems to be on a mission!

Nine made it to the table this evening. I dodged a monsoon in Cleveland to make it to the virtual felt in time.

32 min: We opened on two tables and Doneill (9th) slapped me around pretty good, hurting my chip stack early.

Fortunes changed for him when we merged to one table. Mine never did change.

He got all-in with (KQ) and a flop of [Q85], but ran into Aqualung’s (55). Ouch!

39 min: Tigercub8189 (8th) took the bad beat of the night when he flopped two pair with (JT) and a flop of [TQJ]. What can ArticBlast do with (KK) but call? A [9] on the river gives Arctic the straight and the cold shoulder to the cat.

48 min: A short-stacked Rennzzo (7th) loses with (Q9) to Aqualung’s (AQ).

49 min: I win my first, and only showdown of the night. I am now 1 for 72 in pot wins at this point, and still buried in last place.

56 min: Nahanni (33) gets healthy on an all-in with Duder (KQ) and ArcticBlast (KQ).

58 min: ArcticBlast (6th) gets runner up for bad beat. Not because his hand of (Js 4s) is that strong, but after a flop of [TJ5] and a turn of [4], it is looking much better. Nahanni has (AJ) and when a [5] hits the river, the Blast is in a deep freeze.

Break:
Nahanni 4330
Duder 3680
Aqualung 2290
Boother 1820
Mikeniks-Faldo 780

73 min: I (5th) have maintained by winning a few pots uncontested, but I finally get a real hand (Ad Kd). But the flop whiffed me again, as it did all night. Even my folded hands never hit. Anyway, Boother pairs on the river to beat my ace and put me out of Poker Stars Hell – for tonight anyway (finish 1 for 110 hands in showdowns).

81 min: Boother (4th) loses his coin flip with (JJ) to Duder’s (AQ) when Duder pairs.

93 min: Aqualung (3rd) shares a similar fate as his (AJ) loses to Nahanni’s (66).

Chips are close to even for the heads up match between Duder and Nahanni.

104 min: Nahanni wins a big pot and takes a 11500 - 2000 lead!

107 min: Now it is 12500 – 1000 Nahanni.

109 min: Now it is 9000 – 4500 Nahanni. Uh-oh. Duder, getting back in it?

111 min: Uh - no. Nahanni (1st) wins it as her pair of threes beats Duder’s bluff. Nice double win, Nahanni!

1st – Nahanni 21 pts
2nd – Duder 7 pts
3rd – Aqualung (10 pts)
4th – Boother 6 pts
5th – Mikeniks-Faldo (6 pts)
6th – ArcticBlast
7th – Rennzzo 7 pts
8th – Tigercub8189 10 pts
9th – Doneill (1 pt)
Beerhog 7 pts
DavetheDog 3 pts

Grand total point race is on the blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife is hosting a golf outing to benefit my daughter, Kaitlyn and her team for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. It is on August 2nd at St John's, shotgun start at 1:30pm. If you are interested, please let me know ASAP and I will get you more details. We need golfers to make this fundraiser a success! Also, We are raffling off two airline tickets courtesy of AirTran airlines for a $20 donation. Let me know if you are interested in that as well.


Thanks,
747

P.S. a great back to back win Nahanni!! Hope to be back soon!

Nik Faldo said...

Lets get the NPP guys to the golf outing!

I'm in! Who else? I think the goal is eight NPP'ers. It's for a great cause and a great guy.

I'll post the list here 747!