Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Doneill Wins the 4th Round of the 3rd Qtr

A return to the winner's circle by the man who wiped us out in the 2nd quarter.

Seven made it to the virtual felt and 3rd Qtr leader and two in a row winner Nahanni sat out the entire round. So six actually battled.

21 min: Aqualung (7th) has the bad luck to hit his straight when Doneill hit his flush.

49 min: Tigercub8189 (6th) was as card dead as I was last week. Very short-stacked, he goes all-in with (T7) and loses to the other short-stack, Doneill, who holds (JT).

I hit three sets of quads in the first hour - two quad 8's and one quad 5's. Only the 5's made me any money (to short-stack Doneill), as I got no action on one and folded the case 8 on the other.

Break:

Boother 4616
Doneill 2660
Rennzzo 2005
Mikeniks-Faldo 1055
Nahanni 165

62 min: Nahanni (5th) blinds out.

64 min: My {Mikeniks-Faldo (77)} (4th) lose to Boother's two pair.

Sorry I missed the hands that lower Boother's chip count. Maybe someone can fill us in. I went to open the files to start loading the stats and when I returned a short time later, Boother was 3rd in chips. I know Rennzzo got some of them with trip Aces.

72 min: Boother (3rd) goes all-in with (KT) and a straight draw, but he can't run down the pair of 9's Rennzzo has.

Heads up: Doneill 6000 - Rennzzo 4500

75 min: It didn't take long. Doneill calls Rennzzo's (2nd) blinds.

The flop is [9h 7d Td]. Rennzzo bets and Doneill calls.

The turn is [6c] and the players get all-in. Rennzzo with (Qh 8H) and the 10-high straight, but Doneill is holding (J8) for the J-high one. Congratulations to Doneill.

1st - Doneill (11 pts)
2nd - Rennzzo 14 pts
3rd - Boother 11 pts
4th - Mikeniks-Faldo (9 pts)
5th - Nahanni 22 pts
6th - Tigercub8189 10 pts
7th - Aqualung85 (10 pts)
Beerhog 7 pts
Duder 7 pts
DavetheDog 3 pts

Total Point Race Standings are on the side of the Blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

god...i'm so bummed I missed the game! I'm STILL at freaking work! good thing I didn't try to make it home for the game and come in early to finish up what I am working on (which is what I was thinking of doing). At least I garnered 1 point! weeeeee! (I probably earned more than if I had played) ;)

Congrats Doneill!

Anonymous said...

I went from first to worst in a just a few hands. The first hand of my downfall was when my big blind special (8,10) spike 2 pair on the flop. Rennzzo limped in pre-flop, slow playing his AA. We got all in after the flop and Rennzzo hits an A on the river to trim down my stack.

The second hand of my demise was another BBS for me with Q3. My flopped top pair gets cracked on the river when Doneill catches one of his many outs on the river to make his straight. After we got all in, he had a flush draw, inside straight draw and 1 over card.... so by saying he had lots of outs, I mean he had LOTS of outs to beat me!! He ends up taking most of my remaining chips.

Boother