Monday, April 07, 2008

SpartyToJo Hosts a Great Game

Sorry for the delay. Golf started!

Great snacks and dip, sandwiches, chips, nuts and beer available! Oh yeah, we played cards too. Five were able to make it; SpartyTojo, Herbavor, Sev4TSev, Larry P and me (Faldo).

The big winner was Larry P. Some idiot (me) introduced the Boother crew’s Omaha Hi – Lo double bed with the 3-cards touching option. I did it as we discussed how the ‘no-limit’ Boother crew and the ‘limit’ Faldo crew don’t mesh for home game ring play. Tourneys no problem.

But to show that the Boother crew does play some interesting games, I introduced the Omaha Hi-Lo variation where there are two beds and you can use any three cards touching in any way. Truly and action game as the first pot the first time I dealt it was huge - even though it was limit!

Larry P. took it down as I mis-read my low lock, but I had to stay with a middle boat anyway. Meanwhile, Herbavor got killed by a bigger boat on the river, and Larry scooped the monster pot. Herb and I had a slight profit up to that point, but now we were close to even.

Later, Sev4TSev dealt it. Again only Larry P, Herbavor and I were in the pot. I had the best low possible on the flop. Herb had flopped quads, although we of course didn’t know that. On the turn, my low got better and boated me too! The betting capped out.

The river brought the Ace of clubs that put a connected board of [Ac 3c 5c] all in a row. I checked as an Aces over full house beat my boat and a (2 4) now beat my low. Herb bet his quads and LarryP raised!

Ouch! Well, I’m beat one way for sure and Herb looked like he had no intention of folding. I now hold the 2nd best high and the third best low and I could be sandwiched between two raisers! Herb asks Larry if he has the straight flush?

I now know Herb has the quads.

So now I have the 3rd best high and 3rd best low. I fold. Herb makes a crying call to see his quad 7’s lose to Larry’s straight flush wheel.

Herb and I are now stuck big time! Larry is up big time.

Thanks a lot Boother!

Sparty, it was a great game and thanks for hosting. Hopefully we will see you in the internet tourney.

Herb, good luck in Iowa. Take it easy emptying the farmer's wallets as farm subsities are already too high.

Herb did vow to kiss and make up with Poker Stars so he can play on line on Tuesday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I believe you guys learned that game at my place, there is no way I can take any credit for its invention!! I seem to remember learning it from Chesky. And it may have even come from some of the crazy games that evolve on Friday nights at the Coyote after golf (and after lots of adult BEvERages!!!). So if you like that crazy stuff, stop by after golf league on Friday’s for more of where that came from!!!

Boother

Matchy said...

I do not fall into either the limit or no-limt crowd, I actually enjoy both along with tournaments. I like limit play because it is not quite as scary against players who are better than me, which is probably you. It is also a great feeling to hold the nuts and have a guy go all-in in front of me in no limit. I also enjoy games like Omaha, flop draw etc., it's really all good with me.

Herb too bad you did not get a proper send off by winning some money, but once again I wish your family nothing but good in the move. It was always interesting playing against you Herb, I have never played against someone who told me what cards he held AND what I held on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

Hey!

My connection in my appt is too low to jump on fuckyoustars. Tonight. When I get a better connection, I will be in the game.

Herbavor