Thursday, April 10, 2008

Faldo Sat and Went in Hudson, MI

Biglou runs a Sit 'n Go (SNG) tourney game at a house in Hudson - by invite only. Plenty of beer and pizza is ordered without incident. Rennzzo was there also - of the NPP Tuesday group.

I did get some more advertizing out for our Tuesday league so we may see some more new players from that area.

There is a pregame warmup at an American Legion hall near the house - driver, PW away, so everyone can 'warm up' and still stumble to the game.

(But for DavetheDog - driver, 4 iron punch out, 3W, 3W (cuss), rescue club, 5 iron, 9 iron, PW (chunk- cuss), PW, putt, putt, putt (cuss), putt)

The buy-in is a friendly $20 and the blinds go up in big increments. Not that fast (every 20 min with one jump up per twenty minute cycle if one player gets knocked out), but big jumps. A table of nine usually finishes in an hour and a half.

The ousters play a variety of $1 poker games on the side table until the next game starts. It is a $1 ante and you may bet a buck and call the buck if you think you can win. Cards speak. Total dealer's choice. Hey, it's $2 a hand.

One of the players had purchased two domestic rabbits from another player for breeding. They were at the game and that brought every 'rabbit on a stick' joke you could think of to the fore front.

The dinner of $2 coney dogs at the bar had it's effects on the players as the night wore on, if you know what I mean.

It was my second time playing (0 - 0 - 1 = 3) and I finally won the last tourney of the evening to break about even (1-0-0=4) = (1-0-1 = 7).

The hand that saved me went like this: the blinds had just kicked up to $50 - $100. And when you start with only $150 in chips...uh, it's go time!

I get all in with (66) and am called by a bigger stack with (AK). Ok, a race. I'll take it.

The flop is [QJT]. Ouch. Well, it looks like I am going to match the Tigers and go 0 for 7. But the turn is a [K] and the river is a beautiful [A]. Splitsville! That was the turning point.

A great time and plenty of laughs.

This American Legion hall holds holdem tourneys on Saturday - paying $1000 for first and paying eight places for a $50 entry. Cash bar and food available. There is a golf course right next to the hall. Are you all thinking what I am thinking? Road trip!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be up for a Saturday evening road trip to Hudson...where ever in the hell that is..for some poker and drinks.

Boother

Nik Faldo said...

Let's what May brings. I'll get the date. The exact date.

Not a real date. Never could get those. Inflatable yes - real no.

You looking at golf pre-tourney too, Boother?

Anonymous said...

Sure, why not...if we are road triping, why not make it a full day of fun!!!

Chesky and Beerhog, you guys want to round out the four-some?? (that could be taken the worng way, I really don't want to be in anything other then a GOLF four-some with those dudes!!!)

Boother

Matchy said...

I would be up for a trip as well, but my Sat. mornings are occupied by football and baseball for a while. I might just have to meet up with you guys for the cards, but missing golf would not break my heart anyway. If we don't do that we should do a trip to Farrell's poker room.

Matchy said...

Talk about playing poker...I called my buddy Boother and he played last night in Flint, tonight in White Lake, and then tomorrow @ Farrell's in Sterling Hts. We are planning on playing in the 3pm tourney ($30 buy in) tomorrow at Farrell's if anyone is interested.

Nik Faldo said...

Since global warming is preventing my golf from getting started full bore - I am hiding my disappointment by playing tourney after tourney this weekend on line.
Small cashes to stay about even so far in 7 tourneys.