Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rownder Wins NPPIT #41 – That’s 3 in a Row, and Four Out of His Last Five!

NPP is being dominated like never before - except for stretches in ring play by Hlam14 and Aqualung. But no one has dominated the tourneys like Rownder. Let’s see how we all got run over this time:

Seven of us were on the felt this night. Rownder started off aggressively stealing and winning pots. Intimidation factor? – I think so. On hand #14 he got slowed down a little when Bronco took over the chip lead as his (AQ) beat Rownder’s (KQ) with a [Q] on the flop.

On hand #16, unlucky Duder (7th) had (KK) and went all-in, just to run into Mikeniks-Faldo’s (AA). That is just bad timing for him and luck for me.

On hand #38 a short-stacked Aqualung (6th) got all-in with (AJ) and was called by Bronco76 with (A5). A five on the flop ended Aqua’s night. This was not the last time the lesser hand would win out tonight.

On hand #41, Boother raises Sev4TSev’s (5th) blind and he calls. A flop of [6c Ah 4d] gets another bet by Boother and another call. The turn is a [5h] and both players check. The river looks like a harmless [9s]. Sev4TSev bets, Boother raises and gets called. Boother had (99) for trips for the win. That left 747 with one chip and he was gone the next hand. Second week in a row the "chip and a chair" strategy failed.

On hand #43, Boother hit quads to beat my full house. Nice hand, but this was getting monotonous. We tangled 4 times and I got rivered three. The fact I was not out of chips after this hand is only because I smelled it. But if it is not Boother, it is Aqualung. And if it is not Aqualung, it’s Sev4TSev.

I can’t beat those guys, and I am about to add another ‘can’t beat them’ to the list. I suck at backgammon and chess. I'm running out of games!

I was hurting chip wise and on the very next hand was able to hit a flush to gather some chips back. Feeling better, but I go a little card dead at this point. Meanwhile, the other three were at war.

On hand #61, we get three way action as the blinds are called. A flop of [3s 2c Js] gets a bet by Bronco, and call by Boother and a fold from Rownder. The turn is the [2s]. Another bet from Bronco and called. The river is the [Qs]. Bronco checks. Boother bets big. Bronco goes all-in and Boother calls. A full house for Bronco (3 2) and a flush for Boother (Ks 4s). This gives Bronco the chip lead.

Wonder if Bronco would have called an all-in from Boother on the turn. I'm guessing yes.

On hand #73, Boother gets the chip lead back from Bronco as they both over-bet their hands and Boother’s (A8) beat Bronco’s (A6). But this is poker. Chips won with small hands count the same as chips won with monsters.

On hand #82, as the slightly smallest stack, Mikeniks-Faldo goes all-in after a raise from Rownder, who is the next stack. I have (QQ) and I was happy to see that that raise. Now if he only doesn’t have KK or AA. The pot-committed and 3rd in chips Rownder decides to gamble here and calls with (A3). An [A] on the flop and I am out. Add another guy to the list I can’t beat!

The break arrives and all are about even. Rownder slightly in 3rd place at this point.

Fifteen minutes into the renewal of hostilities, Boother calls Rownder’s blind. The flop is [Ah 6s 3c]. Checks. The turn, [Jd]. Checks (I think somebody’s lying!). The river is the [3d] and they both get all-in! Well no one was really fibbing as Rownder’s weak two pair turned into a full house (3s6h) and Boother (Th 3h) unluckily tripped his threes. Rownder has the chip lead now.

Five minutes later, Bronco76 (3rd) goes all-in with (KQ) and is called by Rownder with (77). A [7] on the flop and the horse is out of the barn.

Rownder grinds more and more chips from Boother (2nd) who finally gets all-in with (82) and gets no help and loses to Rownder’s (98). What a streak by Rownder!

1st – Rownder (10 pts)
2nd – Boother (7 pts)
3rd – Bronco75 (5 pts)
4th – Mikeniks-Faldo (3 pts)
5th – Sev4TSev (1 pt)
6th – Aqualung
7th – Duder

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job rownder.

mike, this friday. bww. poker on the live screen? anyone else. we play for cash. beers, cigars, poker, sports.



beerhog

Nik Faldo said...

Friday and Saturday for me. Time TBD.

Betting is allowed on;
the BWW poker results, sports results,and the over/under of how many women will be leave when Beerhog shows up.

The betting line is "all but the blind 90-year old who's batteries died in her scooter."

Cigars, beers and cash are the tender of choice.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Andy...too bad your streak will come to an end next week...because I am pretty sure I will be playing. (especially if we end up heads-up, right?) ;)

Nik/Mike...I love chess and backgammon...I play chess on-line...you wanna play? 1 move per day type of thing. If you are interested, go to this site; http://www.stansco.com/netchess/index.html

once you register, then look me up (Nahanni) and challenge me to a game (if you dare).

:)

Matchy said...

Please explain poker on the "live screen"??

Nik Faldo said...

To Nahanni - You are on, but not on a one move type thing.
Email me at npokerp@yahoo.com and we can pick a time and day to play.
Yahoo has great chess software. We could play there. Actually, Backgammon too!

To Matchy - The screen shows the virtual table, so the poker software is on the monitor and you have a 'gameboy' type device in which to play poker with.

It is great fun to try and up with more chips than Beerhog while dodging the 'all-in' mopes in the bar.

You start with either 2000 or 4000 chips and the games are usually 2 hours in length.

The ending is predictable. If I beat Beerhog, I have 6000 chips and he is -48970. When he wins, I have 6000 and he has 80000 chips!

Matchy said...

The BWW thing sounds interesting, I assume you gays make side bets for cash? If I can maybe I will stop by, I assume it is the Brighton location? Friday would be the night for me.

If you guys are going either post it here or fire me an email.

Matchy said...

Oops I made a Freudian slip, I meant you "guys" not "gays". Really, I did.

Anonymous said...

matchy, its not mike and fourputt! im going friday also. i will be there around 6pm to start festivis for the rest of us. we make a $10. side bet. yes, brighton location off of us23 and lee rd.....



beerhog

p.s. how about some of you other poker players showing up so i can pay my tab!

Anonymous said...

you gays.............hahahahahaha

Nik Faldo said...

I hope you meant .10 side bets.

Matchy said...

I prob. won't be there tonight, kids have 6 pm practice and my mom is in town. Good luck.