Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Rownder Wins NPP Internet #39

Ten players to the felt this evening. Love it! Remember to recruit for next year – this year! How great would it be to have 18 to 24 regular players?

On hand #14, Bronco (10th), our two in a row winner, was the first one out as Aqualung got him.

On hand #22 Nahanni (9th), who got extremely short-stacked early, had to go all-in with Q9 and lost to Duder’s pair of kings.

I had some great luck early – NOT!
My JJ gets killed in two places when an Ace flops.
My flopped trip 9’s get run down by a straight and a flush held by Rownder.
My AK gets re-raised all in on a low straight flop, and I have to fold.

How is that for an early tourney start?

Lucky I was playing from my home in the basement and not my sometimes 6th story Cleveland hotel room. Me or the computer might have sailed out the window. On the other hand, I was out of beer at the house and didn’t have room service. It’s a toss up as to where it was better to be.

I should explain why my tilt index was up prior to our tourney. I was in a 550-player tourney on World Poker Exchange. I was in 3rd with 40 players left and my AA lost to an all-in middle size stack with QQ when his queen hit on the river.

That prompted a 45 minute drought of cards before my JJ running into KK and my similar long shot didn’t hit. I finished 17th and they were only paying the final table. I had visions of explaining my final table trials and tribulations in that tourney while playing in ours. So much for that plan.

I know that is life at the poker tables, but still my attitude was not the best before our game. Then Poker Stars decided to kick me some more. Well, if you can’t take the shots, stay out of the ring I guess.

On hand #31, a short-stacked Boother’s (8th) AT and flopped pair of aces had to move all-in, just to run into Rownder’s AA. Ouch!

On hand #40, Tigercub’s 99 (7th) runs into Aqualung’s TT.

On hand #50, I (6th) get run down by Aqualung and on hand #62 my pair of kings with higher kicker gets beat by Duder as his pair of kings gets a second pair on the river. My showdown record in this tourney was {1 – 6} and {2 – 8} counting the last hands of the previous tourney - with the lead in eight of the hands [2 – 6]. Not my night obviously.

On hand #63, a short-stacked Sev4TSev (5th) goes all-in with AT and Rownder calls with 33 and no Ace or Ten show up.

That took us to the break and it stood like this:
Matchy 6386
Rownder 3649
Duder 2695
Aqualung 2270

After the break Duder (4th) gets critically crippled as his JJ gets run down by Aqualung’s 77 as a 7 hits the turn. Aqua ended Duder’s suffering by having his AQ outlast Duder’s A8.

At this point a three-way match goes on for quite a while. Congrats to Aqualung, Matchy and Rownder. There was plenty of well played poker, with no quit in any of them.

Aqualung grabs the chip lead from Matchy as his all-in 88 gets called by Matchy’s KK and Aqualung does it again by hitting an 8 on the turn! I have company this night I see, so I guess it is NOT all about me.

Matchy got lucky for his tourney life a few hands later as his all-in AJ is called by Aqualung’s AQ. But a board of [ATTA] splits the hand.

Matchy (3rd) has to go all-in as he pairs his K on the turn with a hand of KJ. Rownder calls with KQ. The kicker carries.

Heads up with Aqua up about 8500 to 6500 over Rownder.

They went back and forth for about 30 hands before Aqualung’s 44 ran into Rownder’s JJ and that switched the chip lead to Rownder 10500 to 4500.

Aqualung fought back to even the chip count to about 7500 each! Nicely done.

But then the ever-aggressive Aqualung (2nd) moved all in with A6 and was called by Rounder with A7. A seven on the flop and it was soon over after that. Rownder ties Sev4TSev for the most internet tourney wins this year (7) with this victory!

A great 3-handed battle and a greater heads up one too!

1st – Rownder
2nd – Aqualung
3rd – Matchy
4th – Duder
5th – Sev-4T-Sev
6th – Mikeniks (Faldo)
7th – Tigercub
8th – Boother
9th – Nahanni
10th – Bronco76

4 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

Matchy, can't make your game on the 20th. Sending you an email.

Anonymous said...

Actually rownder moved all in with A7 and I called with A6, SHOULDVE KNOWN BETTER TOO, BUT THESE TOURNEYS TAKE TOOOOOOOOOOOLONG.

I WAS LUCKY TO BE IN ANYWAYS..

but as far as running you down Nik, bet more you friggin pussy,

complaining when you play like a pussy, thats a shame haha.

anyways guys listen to this beat,

I was on Full Tilt, I had 10 4 in the BB .10C ..25 nl anyhow dealer raised to 50cents I call the quarter, flop comes QQT, I check he checks, turn is anothEr TEN, NOW I HAVE A BOAT, i bet 1$he rse 1$ I call, river is the fourth ten I now have quads, i bet 2bucks he rse 2 i re rse 4 he goes all in , I was thinking when i rsd that he had aq, then when he went all in I said to myself in the Negraneu way, hes got pkt qqs

but I have to see em so I call, yep he had quad Qs, he flopped quads....unfkn real

Matchy said...

Well Aqua at least you were dealing out bad beats in last night's tourney, but that is the first time I have heard of quads losing to quads!

Anyway I would like to see if I have a game or not on the 20th, but I think I do. So far yes has been Tolly, Boother and Hogg. I think I am also good for 1 or 2 neighbors including Arcticblatz. Nik I am bummed you can't make it. 747 are you in? Also Hog you can ask gridlock etc. Andy (rownder) said he was out.

7pm at 8 mile and Pontiac Trail cards will fly on Saturday October 20th is the plan.

Anonymous said...

Abe A. said he was in matchy...



oh also by the way Matchy when you went all in with your A8 UNSUITED after I raised, whenduder called you I had to fold hoping he would knock you out, I had AK suited so you woouldve sucked out on me and I wouldve finished 4th, thanks for calling him duder,....

at least my suckouts I already had a pr heheh