Sunday, August 19, 2007

Boother Throws a Great Game! Tourney Won by Rounder

The Boother Invitational is a great night of poker!

One consistent for heads-up at final tables, whether it is on-line or on the actual felt - Boother
Boother and me Tuesday Internet - Boother wins.
Rounder and Boother Saturday in the Big Game and Rownder wins.

A great night of poker and a good bunch of mopes at the tables. The ring game during and after the tournament was alive and kicking.

I read Matchy's comment on the last post:
"What buy-ins do you guys prefer at tournaments? I know small buy-ins lead to all-ins every hand, but I don't need extra $ tagged on to a buy-in to get poker enjoyment. I am thinking of the loss rather than what I could win."

Ouch. Put me in Matchy's golf cart. And it is not a financial concern, but for some reason (age?), I have grown increasingly risk adverse - and that has killed my game.

I will still be in there because I love the competition - and the agony of defeat apparently.
But I now see myself as dead money, rather than a player.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

100 is reasonable. unless you dont have the players who are willing to shell it out. then you need to reduce the buy in. we had 21 last night i think. thats a pretty good turn out for a 100 game. either way im showing up. or did i?

beerhog

Anonymous said...

I certainly enjoy the level of competition at a higher buy-in level. However, a poker game at my place just isn't the same without Chesky!!! And by no means Chesky, does that mean you can't play. In fact, I think you play better than you give yourself credit for!! You could certainly have hung with the dudes that showed up on Sat.

I was kinda Jones'en for a bigger game, that's why I selected the C note buy-in.

Maybe a $75 buy-in could strike a happy median... any thoughts???

Boother

Anonymous said...

$100 is by no means unreasonable, and I am an incredible slouch. Honestly the reason I did not show was not the c-note, I was beat after drinking plenty fri. night and getting uo and going to work sat. morning. I know that if I am not down for a late night marathon I won't play up to par and I was snoozin' by 9:45. Not to mention that Blue Moon beer really got things movin' if you know what I mean, it was a point and shoot situation LOL. I was just wondering how you guys felt in general about buy-ins is all. My bottom line is $20 to $50 is perfect, happy if I cash and not too bummed if I crash.
Matchy

Anonymous said...

I'm willing to play $100 if chicks are allowed to play. (stupid white lake chauvinist asses)

Nik Faldo said...

$100 must be fine with the crowd you had Boother. It's a great game!

Anonymous said...

$20 is about right.