Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Boother Returns and Wins NPP #31

Seven made it to the game and one just missed (Nahanni). Quite a lot of action and elevator rides for the players too.

Sev4TSev (7th) was getting the hands he was getting 2 games ago - again - and got short-stacked early. On hand #48 he goes all-in with A9 and gets called by Boother with TT. A T on the flop ends it.

On hand #50 ArticBlast takes out Duder (6th). Short-stacked Duder had AK and went all in with a flop with a K in it. Artic had K5 and hit a 5 on the turn.

The other five of us make the break after 70 hands:
Boother 3000
Mikeniks 3000
Rownder 2190
ArticBlast 1770
Matchy 540

On hand #80 Matchy goes all-in and gets called by ArticBlast and Rownder. Matchy had K7 and Blast had QT, with a flop of [6Q4]. A turn of a 5 and a river of a 3 saved Matchy with the straight.

On hand #102, Matchy makes a big comeback hitting a straight against Boother.

On hand #115 however, a once again short-stacked Matchy (5th) goes all-in with 74 with a [7] on a flop. Rownder takes him out hitting a flush.

On hand #128 Rownder (4th) is taken out by Boother who hits a flush, but his AK beat Rownder's K7 anyway.

On hand #144 ArticBlast (3rd) is another Boother victim as his K2 hits a [K] on the flop but Boother has KT.

That leaves only the worst heads up player on the planet between Boother and another win. He takes me (2nd) out on hand #183. It was hand #178, I hit top pair with A7 but Boother had two pair on the same flop. I thought he was taking a stab at a pot and stupidly called. That crippled me.

Boother took out 6 of the 7 players on his way to victory.

1st - Boother
2nd - NikFaldo
3rd - ArticBlast
4th - Rownder
5th - Matchy
6th - Duder
7th - Sev4TSev

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't be so hard on yourself Faldo, you hit top pr heads up and he hit two pr, just the luck of the flop, that happened to you last week when there were 3 players left you had AQ and hit top pr but lost to, I forget who it was who had A5 and hit two pr, One thing I do know is just pencil yourself in the money every week because you the man. YOU ARE THE KING OF NPP in my book.

liberace

Anonymous said...

boother,

i might come to your game w/ mike. (minus the jd intake!) i will let you know either way by thursday night.

beerhog

Anonymous said...

Sounds good Hog!!!
Boother

Anonymous said...

ive got the ok from the boss.

bhog

Anonymous said...

Great!! See ya tomorrow!!!

Boother

Nik Faldo said...

It was a great time Matchy and Boother.
Sorry I ran out of gas. 27 holes of golf, 8 beers, a ton of food and up at 5am combined to wear me out.

Anonymous said...

Nik,

I sounds like you are getting old!!! I hope you took your nap in prep for the Saturday night tourney!!!

Boother

Anonymous said...

It sounds....

I can't type for crap!!!

Boother

Anonymous said...

I pussed out on Boother's last night but had a great time with you guys Friday, I am glad you made it! How did everyone do at the BIG Boother tourney.

On another topic, what buy-ins do you guys prefer at tournamants. I know Boother likes $100 plus and I understand that because some people do not play "right" with small buys-ins and go all in every other hand etc. But when I am playing against you guys or others I know, I want to win and don't need an extra $50 or $80 tagged on to my buy-in to get maximum poker enjoyment. I am a bit of a pessimist (or maybe realist) so when I think about big buy-ins I immediately conjur thoughts of losing $100 in an hour rather than how big the pot I win would be...
Matchy