Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Beerhog and Rownder73 Repeat as 1 – 2 in NPP Internet Tourney 2007 - #4

Seven players made it to the NPP #4 Tourney this night. Many players were still AWOL, so this was a great accomplishment since:

Two NPP players [The Wall and Gridlock] are stuck in the Stone Age and must think computers are a fad that will fade away soon.

Four NPP players [Fourputt, Herbavor, 7Forty7, and ToJo] are at the Brokeback Mountain Convention in San Francisco. They saved air fare by spooning on the plane. They flew on BrownIBlue Airlines. The plane was a small TubeLube69. There is no food service but plenty of salad tossing.

One NPP player [Thai Food] is anti-rules with the poker site we play on due to an unsanctioned ‘play over’ disagreement and promises to hurry as fast as HE can and get it straightened out with them - by 2015.

And the United States government can’t find the people trying to kill us, but insist on rooting out businesses trying to make money and harassing citizens trying to enjoy their evenings at home.

I am still deciding what to do as far as how to transfer. When I decide I will let you all know. Matchy suggests ePassport however.

On to the tourney action:

A new player joined us – ArticBlast1. Welcome to the NPP family – dysfunctional as it is!

The game was HORSE and play was tight early on except for Cigar4John who was mixing it up and on a roller coaster ride. It was not until the game of the structure – 7 stud H/L when some players found the exits. I [Nik Faldo] was the victim of poor 5th thru river cards as neither my flush or low appeared, then the next hand Rownder’s catch for a straight on the river crippled my stack to nothing.

Both Matchy (6th) and I (7th) went out on the same hand the next deal.

As soon as the game started the second pass to Holdem, Artic (5th) was the next busted on the same hand as Cigar took a big stack hit when his high 2 pair lost to Rownder73’s straight on the river. Cigar4John (4th) went out the next hand.

Boother (3rd) ran into Rownder’s flush in Omaha H/L and was ousted.

That left the repeat final two of Beerhog and Rownder with very similar stacks and ended in the same result. Beerhog hit two wheels, and a full house in consecutive hands to turn the 7K to 3K deficit into his advantage and sent Rownder (2nd) wondering what the poker Gods were doing to him. Shortly after the break, Beerhog (1st) took the tourney.

1st – Beerhog
2nd – Rownder73
3rd – Boother
4th – Cigar4John
5th – ArticBlast1
6th – Matchy
7th – Nik Faldo

Congrats to Beerhog – who joins Matchy and NikFaldo as the only back to back winners of an NPP Internet Tourney.

Next week’s tourney will have the same game and password. Hopefully there are no gay pride parades planned and the missing guys will return to the game.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it me or did it seem that the blinds were moving faster last night. Maybe it was just because I was getting terrible cards AND playing like shit. I did not remember 150/300 in the first round of horse before, and it seemed like 20/40 popped up really quick in the first hold'em.

Are the horse tourneys quicker than hold 'em with blinds etc.?

Matchy

Anonymous said...

Also epassporte seems to be ok, it is basically a foreign virtual visa that has a credit limit of how much you fund it with your U.S. visa card. Since it is foreign it allows transactions w/ gambling sites like pokerstars. I did get a call Monday morning from my bank asking me to verify the charges from epassporte. The good folks at epassporte take 5% juice. I suspect it is only a matter of time before our U.S. credit cards stop allowing transactions w/ epassporte because it is basically a shell game like neteller was.

Anonymous said...

As my wife can attest, I was not in San Fran with the other guys. I was home having sex. On Tuesday nights my wife has me rub her back for an hour, then she sends me into the bathroom with one of Roise O'Donnelles magizines to finish the job.

Herbavor

Anonymous said...

Our beloved and much loved NPP host has promised to report on the best way to fund our online poker activities.

So far he has not done so.

He has failed us all.

We are married, miserable and have no future in the online poker world.

NPP has failed us all. We wait for death since that is all we have.

Nik Faldo said...

Keep your panty hose on and your toe nails dry, Fourputt. I'm getting to it.

By the way, do you even play poker?
With men?
Straight men?

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

Anonymous said...

I have funded my account using my Comerica Visa check card. No issues at all.

Momo

Anonymous said...

Momo,

I know with your skill you won't have to do this but - how do you cash out to a Visa card?

Anonymous said...

fourputt,
you are one to talk. When is the last time you played????

I thought PS can issue you a check for the winnings. True??

momo

Nik Faldo said...

True on both counts Momo.
True PS will send you check and true Fourputt never plays.
With men. Straight men.