Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2006 Champ - Beerhog - Returns to the Top Winning NPP #3 Momo Derby

Six of us challenged last year's internet champ and were worse for wear for it. This means HORSE will the game next tourney.

Cigar4John was playing agressively and got down a few chips as the flops were not cooperating. But on hand #42 Cigar put a hurt on Matchy as his QQ held up against Matchy's Q9 suited when the flush did not make it.

But I got those chips and the rest of Cigar's on hand #55 when my JJ held up against Cigar's (6th) AK suited.

Matchy (5th) is my next victim. He has to make a move on hand #63 after Cigar crippled him and his JT all-in push gets called by my KQs. I picked up a K on the flop to seal the deal.

Rounder73, who has the chip lead and has been bullying the table all night, takes out Boother (4th) on hand #67. Boother has QQ but Rounder's KJ flopped a straight.

On hand #78, I try to take out Beerhog and call with 66. He is shortstacked and made a move with QJ. A jack on the flop puts Beerhog back in it.

On hand #81, I get 66 again. Rounder is in the hand with me. The flop is 89Q. A J on the turn and another Q on the river. I put Rounder on A-rag. His all in raise on the river gave me the decision of deciding was my original read right or not. I (3rd)called and I was wrong as Rounder had QTs.

That leaves Rounder73 [6K in chips] and Beerhog [2K]. The gap grew to 7 to 1. Beerhog gets back some chips and evens the match with a big hand.

Beerhog took a 5K to 3K lead in chips, but Rounder's AK pairs and beats Beerhog's TT to take a 6K to 2K. Beerhog's AJ got some back as it paired to beat Rounder's 66. Bad night for small pairs?

No. Beerhog's trip 2's takes out Rounder's A2 suited, and now he has a 7 to 1 lead.

Rounder (2nd) bluffs at the blinds with T5 and Beerhog (1st) calls with JT to win the match.

1st - Beerhog
2nd - Rounder73
3rd - Nik Faldo
4th - Boother
5th - Matchy
6th - Cigar4John

2 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

It was all my fault Beerhog won guys. I sent the slug the entry fee money.
I f'ed up. Sorry. Won't happen again.
Of course how did we allow a guy who can't manage his poker account beat us????

Nik Faldo said...

Beerhog has something hanging all over him - necklaces from earning extra money.

4Putt and Momo were watching Brokeback Mountain Idol together. Who was holding the popcorn with the hole in the bottom and who was eating is up for debate.

4putt claims he had something in his eye and was injured. I think he got dishwater soap in his eye trying to hurry to make the game.

Here I am in Tennessee, throwing up in a wastebasket and sitting on a Mountain Dew bottle to keep from having to run to the toilet every 5 minutes (me and the bottle are now engaged), and I made it!

Fourputt may also have taken his apron off too fast and the tie end snapped him in the eye like a towel in a gay shower - not that there is anything wrong with that.