Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The United States is Dying Within the Sounds of Silence

Tea Party = Americans, Democrats = Traitors, the Pure and Simple Truth
Hello Freedom, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.
Because communism is softly creeping,
Left its seeds while we were sleeping.
And the visions that were planted in our children’s brains,
Still remains,
Within the sound of silence.

In restless dreams I walked alone,
Followed by a government drone.
'Neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp.
When my heart was stabbed by the loss of American rights,
That were lost that night,
And touched the sound of silence

And in the naked light I saw,
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People rounded up without fighting,
People arrested just for speaking.
People losing liberty that their heirs never knew,
Their children never had a clue,
To disturb the sounds of silence.

"Fools", said I, "You do not know,
Liberalism like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you."
But my words, like silent raindrops fell
And echoed
In the wells of silence

And people now had to bow and pay
To the Liberal god they made.
And the dictator flashed out his warning,
In the words that lists were forming.
And a sign said, "The words of the commies are written on the school halls,
And gulag walls."
And it happened in the sounds of silence.

2 comments:

Bigbrimar said...

How fitting!

Cash Tinkling said...

Wait a second....

Stram refers to the Tea Party as "Tea Baggers" on his blog.

Maybe we all should listen to his viewpoint before passing judgement.