Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Faldo Wins 1st Internet Tourney Since the On-Line Poker Holocaust

Faldo bested 82 other players to win a qualifier on UFC or Rise Poker. Yes, it was a freeroll, but it did qualify me for a $150 added tournament. I am not sure how any prizes won will be distributed, but…whatever.

On this site, I am playing under the name …………RxQch……….. – a little old style chess notation lingo there.

Someone did ask for a review of this site, so here it goes:

The players are terrible. Faldo won didn’t he?

Ok, enough with the jokes. Let’s try this again – negatives first:

The betting bar is terrible.

When you fold, your cards are no longer visible.

You cannot choose your seating.

Commercials play the entire time you are in the lobby or waiting for the tournament to start. I mute the sound.

Also ads are running silently next to and below the tournament table. If you accidentally click on them, the commercial ad blocks the table.

You cannot adjust the table size at all. It is what it is.

It is very hard to see who and where the action is. And it is not very clear that the action is on you.

The software is a little slow and not very attractive, in my opinion.

Positives:

Response to emails in 3 days or less.

I qualified for the tournament on a day when I could not possibly play. Even though the rules said they could not move my qualifier to another similar tourney, they did due to the reason for my unavailability – my son’s wedding. So, at least someone is actually reading the emails and making decisions not by rote.

Time to go. Until next time, I leave you with this:

Smart man + smart woman = romance.
Smart man + dumb woman = pregnancy.
Dumb man + smart woman = affair.
Dumb man + dumb woman = marriage.

Smart boss + smart employee = profit.
Smart boss + dumb employee = production.
Dumb boss + smart employee = promotion.
Dumb boss + dumb employee = overtime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Us happily married women disagree!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your still married Dave?

bh