Tuesday, July 13, 2010

xxxKdogxxx Wins His 1st NPP Tourney

Coming back from a crushing 2nd place finish last week, Kdog proved it was no fluke by besting 16 players for the win.

We welcomed back Merhibka tonight also.

On to the action:

12 min: Theedouble*d (17th) ran into Douge2’s trip deuces.
50 min: Derf-63’s (16th) (22) ran into xxxKdogxxx’s (66). Look at the gap between DD’s exit and Derf’s! Some serious fighting for NPP points going on.

58 min: Last week’s winner Douge2 (15th) sees his (88) get run down by Tomservo2’s trip sevens.

60 min: The Break Monster does his thing as short-stacked (SS) Yecats423 (14th) sees her straight lose to SS Tigercub8189’s full house.

1st break:

Tomservo2 4150
xxxKdogxxx 3865
ThePunk75 2500
Suetman1 2365
Pre01 1995
LittleRedElf 1950
Mikeniks-Faldo 1778
T3chlady 1675
Mistermusic5 1420
Tigercub8189 1287
Absea98 1060
Merhibka 890
Funtoon 565

62 min: A SS Tigercub8189 (13th) has to go with (AK) but Tomservo2 hits his flush.
69 min: A SS Mistermusic5 (12th) goes with (A9) and Tomservo2, with the big stack correctly calls from the BB and hits a pair of tens.

70 min: Funtoon (11th) Missed it as I was recording the prior hand.
76 min: Absea98 (10th) Almost always miss the bubble hand.
85 min: A SS T3chlady’s (9th) lack of luck continues as her (AJ) sees xxxKdogxx’s (A8) hit an [8] on the flop.

86 min: A SS LittleRedElf (8th) has to try with the same hand (AJ) and gets no nub either as he cannot run down ThePunk75’s (88).

89 min: A SS Pre01 (7th) goes with (QT), but runs into ThePunk75’s (AQ).

Now it went absolutely crazy and I was still trying to win it, so my notes suffered from here on out. If anyone wants to – or can – comment on their win or demise from here on out, feel free and I will correct the record.

104 min: Merhibka (6th) gets cold-decked with (KQ) and a flop of [AQA]. xxxKdogxxx is holding (Ax) and even rivers the final [A] for quads.

105 min: A SS ThePunk75 (5th) has to go with (A4). Mikeniks-Faldo is a SS too and I call with (K9) and make a straight on the river.

115 min: A SS Suetman1 (4th) has to go with (KQ) and a flop of [K36]. The monster stack, xxxKdogxxx has to call with (A6) and hits his [A] on the river.

119 min: A SS Tomservo2 (3rd) has to try with (63) and a flop of [63A], but xxxKdogxxx is holding (Ax).

Heads up: Mikeniks-Faldo 3500 - 22000 xxxKdogxxx

120 min: With the break coming up after this hand and Mikeniks-Faldo (2nd) down to 2200 chips, xxxKdogxxx correctly moves all-in with (Ax). I look down to see (Th 6h).

So I throw myself to the mercy of the PokerStars Break Monster.

Yeah, like there ever is mercy for me on PS. But it is a clear all-in for me. I have the heart draw, a straight draw and probably two live cards to pair. But I don’t make any of it.

Congratulations to xxxKdogxxx on his 1st NPP win, and after a heartbreaking 2nd place finish last week.

1st – xxxKdogxxx – 24 points
2nd – Mikeniks-Faldo – 19 points
3rd – Tomservo2 – 15 pts
4th – Suetman1 – 12 pts
5th – ThePunk75 – 9 pts
6th – Merhibka – 7 pts
7th – Pre01 – 5 pts
8th – LittleRedElf – 4 pts
9th – T3chlady – 3 pts

Every one else earned one (1) point. Standings on the right side of the blog.

4 comments:

Absea98 said...

Suetman1 and I may not be playing much longer on the league. They won't accept our Chemical Bank card anymore and I won't give out my SS number for an echeck.

If we can't get back on, it has been a pleasure playing with all of you!!

Nik Faldo said...

Absea, we all will miss both of you beyond belief. It has been a pleasure having the Absea's in the league - along with Sirgash and Nixi.

I understand your concern with the SS number. I don't have a solution for that - only for the banking side of things. Which is - to use a bank you have no other affiliation with for your e-check transactions.

I have not done this, but I hear there are "gift card" or "throw away" Visa's and MC's that work. You can always write PokerStars and ask them for other options.

Another option is to send Faldo a check and I will transfer you the funds.

Write me and we can set that up if you like.

Absea98 said...

Mike,

Thanks, I do have a checking account just for Pokerstars, so maybe I will have to bite the bullet for an echeck account. I just hate sending my personal info, including SS# to an out of country address.

Absea98 said...

Mike,

Good new...we now have money in our fund and can stick with the league! Catch you all on Tuesday!!!!