Thursday, July 01, 2010

ThePunk75 is on Fire – Two Final Tables in One Day – AGAIN!

U da man Punk! Take it away:
“Returned to the scene of the crime from last week to pull off another double final table day. Two final tables at the Electric Stick's 1pm $20 15k and then again in the $100 25k games. And no, this isn’t the same report from last week but it’s pretty close.

In the 1pm tourney I got there a smidge late and settled for an alternate spot, they opened another table quickly I took my seat. But at first it was like I wasn’t even there and I was card dead for what seemed like forever.

Walked into a monster at the 300/600 level. In SB I get AA, a middle position limp then a raise to 2000 from button. I re-pop it to 5000 preflop. Middle Position calls and so does button. Flop come JJ5 (2 clubs). First to act I fire 10k (nearly all what I have left), one fold, then to button who calls. Turn comes the Ace of clubs. Bingo. I check. Button pushes all in. I snap call and can’t turn over the full house fast enough. He shows KK. That left me in cruise control for awhile, and keeps a relative healthy stack to the final table. I battled my way down to 5th place when I had KJ UTG and shoved and was called by the BB with what else but AA. I also chopped a "last longer" side pot 4 ways. So onto the 4pm.

Since the 1pm tourney ran a little longer, the 4pm had already started and I was again an alternate. Another table was opened and the tourney was closed at 36 players. Much like the 1pm, started slow then once again looked down and saw AA. Blinds 300/600. UTG min raised to 1200, all folds to me from mid-late pos. I reraise to 3500, folds around to UTG who calls. Flop 256. He checks, I bet out 12k. He pushes all in. I snap call, he shows KK and I double up.

After a table change, I doubled up again on a hand that was probably misplayed by another player. Blinds 1/2 k. UTG +1 min raised to 4 k, all folds to me in BB with A8. I call. Flop comes AJ5. I check, he says "same bet" and throws 4 k out. At that point I’m feeling like he has me with a better kicker but I call to see a turn. An 8 hits and I’ve hit my two pair. I check again. He bets 5k, I raise to 15k, he calls. River is a five pairing the board which really helped me. I shove the rest of my stack 18k in. He calls, shows AQ.

Right before the final table was set; I was actually all in with 7-2. In a battle of the blinds (I was BB) the flop cam 2J8 with 2 hearts. My 7-2 was in hearts and I shoved when SB checked. He folded and I said I can’t believe I was just all in with 7-2.

Final Table was set a couple of hands later and the play tighten up with just 4 places paid. Chipped up with A10 in BB and punished 3 limpers with an all in. In a hand that if played any other way I would have been eliminated I somehow was able to survive. I was UTG with 99. I just call the blind, UTG+1 also calls, the SB completes and BB checks. Flop comes 585. SB checks. BB bets out 25 k. Huh I think to myself I ask him how much do you have left? He has around 50k after that. If he had an eight, would he of shoved? Thinking since no one raised and a rag board we all had air. After I minute I fold. UTG+1 then raises all in. BB calls and has him covered. UTG+1 shows pocket 10's. BB shows J5. I knew BB had to have that 5. And I think to myself how lucky am I that I just limped in with my 9's. If I had raised preflop, the next player with the 10's certainly would have pushed in, if not preflop after the flop and I would have been out.

Couple of hands later I was UTG with 77 and shoved for my last 80k or so. A big stack called me with AJ and my sevens held. Very next hand I look down at AJ and raise to 30k (blinds 5/10k) the player who just doubled me up then pushes in for 73k. I call for the 43k more, even though I know I probably behind. I say "I have your hand" to him and he shows AQ. Great. But a jack hit the flop and there wasn't any help for him on the turn or river. So now I’ve gone from a relative SS to a chip leader in a matter of a couple hands. At 6 players left an even chop is agreed on and the top 2 would play for the remaining money.

With the chop out of the way and every getting paid now the play can loosen up. And it does as 2 players go out relatively fast. At four players, I’m in BB look down at AA, one player shoves, another calls. Hmmm... I push my stack in. That gets the caller to fold, and my AA is against KJ. Aces hold. Down to 3 players another chop is agreed on, and the remaining pot is now split up 3 ways. I had the chip lead at that point, but after 9 hours of play, 2 tournaments, and barely anything to eat that day I was ready to head home.” – Punk

Outstanding job Punk!

No comments: