Monday, May 24, 2010

Two NPP’ers Take on the Heartland Poker Tour

Faldo will let them tell it:

From Fourbetbluff:

Just sending a good tournament result. As I have been away from the NPP Tuesday night felt due to nice weather, father duties, and playing live poker.

I had a big weekend trying to qualify for the Heartland Poker Tour. In a $180 qualifier top 10% advance we had 84 players sending 8 players to the main event. I somehow recovered from early play mishaps, but ended busting in 13th, missing the spots by 5 places again (a repeat from last years $360 qualifier in Gary, IN where I missed by 5 places as well).

I went onto a successful run in the Soaring Eagles poker room playing cash game for a solid 8 hour session.

So last night I played some poker stars and wound up final tabling the $2.20 6-Max ($3K GTD) tourney...I made a mad run, was playing my "A" game 110%.

Was the first player to crest the 1,000,000 chip mark when second place had around 390,000. I maintained that lead to Heads up play out of 2,250 runners in the tournament and a nice PS Payday!

Our heads up started with "Fourbetbluff" 2,530,330 "Villian" 4,335,650 heads up play lasted 45 min. where we both ended up pre flop all in Villian’s AA to my 77 with no help.

See you all Tuesday! -4BB-

And from Boother36:

Well, the run of consecutive final table appearances in the HPT Main Event is over of me. After making the final table for 2 years in a row in 2 tries (finishing in 9th both times), I failed to make a deep enough run at the HPT event this past weekend at Mount Pleasant.

There were a total of 274 entries in the Main Event and the cash started at 30th. We started play at 3PM on Saturday the 22nd and my day came to an end around 9PM in about 85th position.

I was basically card dead the entire tourney, save for a half hour or so where I finally got some cards and was able to work my way up to about chip-average in chip count. After that, the blinds and antes eat me alive.

My final hand was typical for my luck at this event. In the SB I go all in with about 10x the BB with A10 off, get called by the BB with QJ off, and when none of the 4 cards in the hands hit the board, I thought I was ok until the river holds the 4th club and I am out of there!!!

My poker club (Kings of White Lake, aka KOWL) had a total of 4 members in the Main Event. One of our guys made it all the way down to 32nd, just missing out of the cash.

The HPT will be back to Soaring Eagle in November of this year. You fellow NPP players should make your calendars and plan on attending. They have lots of qualifiers in the weeks leading up to the Main Event. The skill level of NPP is certainly good enough to make a serious run in this event!!

Boother36

I could not agree more, Boother. NPP’ers, Faldo will plan to meet with these two guys and find out dates and times. An NPP Team invasion would be fun and profitable! – Faldo

2 comments:

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Very Good.

Anonymous said...

HPT Champ Open at Soaring Eagle, Mt. Pleasant, MI
11-12-2010 - 11-21-2010