Thursday, May 13, 2010

Faldo and LittleRedElf Both Cash in Tourneys

Faldo managed a 7th place finish in a 90 player tourney on PokerStars. That was good for about four times entry.

I like to play in bigger tourneys, but with being back to work and the golf season starting, time to get in the large entry fields is just not there.

I printed this before, but here is a good estimate of the size of the tourney you should enter based on the time you have (just a rough estimate):

1 hour – 9 player SNG
2 hours – 18 player SNG
3 hours – 45 player SNG
4 hours – 90 player SNG
5 hours – 180 player SNG

Time is obviously not an issue for LittleRedElf. Here is his story:

“Tuesday night, in addition to the NPP tourney, I decided to play the PokerStars SCOOP event # 8 NLHE.

It also started at 8:00 PM Tuesday. Everyone started with 10,000 chips.

There were 18,353 entrants including pros Tom McEvoy who got 1,073rd place, Victor Ramdin who finished 604th and Joe Hachem who ended in 59th place.

I was lucky enough (Faldo: “Yeah, right. I would have to be lucky enough.”) to make it to 23rd place.

My play lasted until 8:35 AM the next day, a total of 12 hours and 35 minutes. For my efforts I received 30 times my entry.

I was a little disappointed not to get to the final table-where the big money is-9th place received $1,101 and 1st place got $18,369. But, I'm happy with my play and fortunate to make a few sets on the flop that raked in some big pots.” – LittleRedElf

Nice job Elf!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Nice finish, Elf - wtg!