Sunday, May 16, 2010

ThePunk75 Makes Two Final Tables to Faldo’s One

And NO – Faldo is not making up his cashes in 90 – player SNG’s. And NO, Faldo doesn’t save his final tables to share in the spotlight. It is just working out that way. And NO, this is not the same 7th place finish I wrote about a few posts ago – it’s another one.

Ok, on to the real story from ThePunk75:

“I finished 2nd in a $11 1 rebuy/1 add-on PL Omaha tournament last night on PokerStars. The field was 182 people large, and I cashed nearly 20 times my total buy in. I used the rebuy and add-on (twss).

Some highlights. I didn't rebuy off the bat, as I like to wait and hold off and use the rebuy as an additional add-on at the break. About a half an hour into the tournament I had to use my rebuy as my AAxx got run down. So I re-bought and nearly immediately tripled up. Flopped a full house twice and got chipped up.

After the break I continued to chip up and got up to 40k, when I got crippled by a raise all in, I reraised with QQAx to isolate the all-in, but another player after me shoved and I had to call and his J1098 straightened the other all in out and left me with 7 K in chips.

The blinds still were not an issue yet at 200/400, but I had gone from 10th to near the bottom in chips. But I quickly began to chip up again flopped another full house, and a couple sets that held and I was right back up to where I was.

When we got down to around 20 players, I doubled up and knocked out a big stack that left me the chip leader with over 200k in chips. Almost the next hand I had AJJx and flop came KQ10, I made a pot sized bet on flop and another big stack shoved. I ‘insta’ called and he showed two pair that didn’t improve, and now I had over 300K.

I got my revenge on the player that crippled me earlier when I hit my straight against him and ousted him with a similar hand then his before.

Once we got down to the final table I had around 450K in chips and had a 2-1 chip lead over 2nd. I took a couple of hits early but still maintained a slight chip lead.

Took one big hit at around 6 players left, but again I quickly recouped by knocking out 2 players to chip back up. Got down to heads up and the other player had a slight chip lead, but heads up play only lasted 1 hand, I had KJ9X against QJ10X, I raised pre-flop he called. Flop was K 10 4, I bet out, he raised, I reraised, he pushed all in. I called. That freakin 9 hit the turn and I was done as the river was no help for me.

On a side not, Pokerstars needs to add a pot bet button. Full Tilt has one and it sure comes in handy in PL games.

I also finished 3rd last weekend in one of the afternoon Electric Stick charity tournaments.” – Punk
Great job Punk – and even a better write up! - Faldo

No comments: