Saturday, November 14, 2009

NPP @ PPL was a Great Night!

I’ve heard it said that “You can’t put a price on a good time!” And that is what we had.

Although I did have a young lady in Las Vegas tell me at the dice table after I said that – “Well I can.” I wonder what she meant by that?

It was nice to see flesh and bones behind the screen names. And I didn’t think it was possible, but NPP players are even nicer people 'in person', than they are - on line.

A hat tip also to the Premier Poker Lounge, as they were ready for the NPP invasion, and they ran a smooth tournament, with healthy cash games afterwards.

Now on to the action. If I miss something or someone, please forgive me and comment with corrections. Faldo is tired, hung over and a little rushed getting these results posted:

(1) Derf-63 was the first NPP casualty. His (AQ) got cracked by (A8). I thought this kind of stuff only happened on PokerStars?

(2) Wingsfancurt was out next as his(AT) could not catch an (AJ).

(3) Mikeniks-Faldo got a little too aggressive with (KQ). On a flop of [AA8], I moved all-in and – of course – my uncanny hand reading ability somehow failed to see that the villain was holding (AT).

(4) T3chlady had the same bad luck experience at PPL as she does on PokerStars, as her (AA) lost to (A2) with a flop of [22Q]. You got to be kidding me?

(5) Mistermusic5 was out around here somewhere. Not only did I not get the hand, but I didn’t get to meet ‘Scott’ either. Next time, for sure.

(6) McGuiness007 was literally blinded out as he ran card dead all night.

(7) LittleRedElf’s cards were not much better and finally his (Ah 8h) lost to (AQ).

(8) ThePunk75 got a crusher exit as he flops two pair with his (K9) only to watch his opponent hit a straight on the river.

(9) Tomservo2 also could not buy a break as his (AQ) lost to an (A6) and a flopped [6].

(10) Theedouble*d got deeper (twss) in the tournament, but just went card dead a little later than McGuiness007 did. Basically had to shove, and got no nub.

(11) A short-stacked (SS) Boother36 had to try with (6s 4s) and ran into (JJ).

(12) A (SS) Beerhog sees his (Ks Qs) lose to (AT). But he did get the first NPP cash of the night by bubbling and getting his entry fee back.

(13) And the hero of the night was K9isadog who brought NPP home a bronze medal with a 3rd place finish! I didn’t get the details as by this time the long day and the adult beverages had taken their revenge on your reporter.

Thanks again to everyone who attended and who made this a fun evening. We will do it again and I think we can grow the attendance.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait. You were drinking?



BH

Nik Faldo said...

I was not "Beerhog" drinking, but I was drinking...for me... it was drinking.
Thanks for getting there Hog.

Dave Martin said...

It was nice to see some of the people I had only known through their PokerStars name. It's a pleasure to play with you all. Thank you mikeniks for arranging all this and for everything you do at NPP!
LittleRedElf

Matchy said...

Wish I coulda been there, sounds like you guys had fun. I am getting tired of the evil rake at these places, but that is not why I did'nt make it. Had to chase kids at basketball practice etc.

I consoled myself by catching 4 very nice largemouths yestyerday, on Nov. 14th how cool is that?

BigBriMar said...

Thats way cool Matchy, where do you fish?

Matchy said...

My neighbor has a place on Strawberry Lake, so I've been out there alot this year. However since 1987 I have been fishing at the "Honey Hole" a former gravel pit in Green Oak Twp. with only like 10 houses on it. I keep a canoe out there and it is silly good fishing. I was the only dude on the lake yesterday, which is not uncommon. It is like heaven on earth to me. Boother and Arcticblast (Greg) have been out a few times. Also Greg has a place in Twin Lake near Muskegon where we have had some pretty good luck, I love it there too. But yesterday was the old honey hole.

Matchy said...

Some good news/Bad news for Boother...he called me this afternoon to inform me he played in a tourney at Soaring Eagle to qualify for a $1350 buy in tourney this Sat, and he finished in the top 20% (approx 12 out of 60) to win an entry. This means he won't be able to host his game this Sat, but if we have interest I will have a game this Sat. Emails to follow tomorrow. Any of you NPP guys interested?

Fourputt said...

So what did the ladies think of our beloved Nik Faldo now that got to see him in person?

Did they swoon and/or faint like they did for Frank Sinatra back in the day?