Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Faldo Finishes 3rd in Carbon Poker Freeroll Tourney

I got a ton of cards early, dodged a lot of bullets late and managed a final table in a 500 player tourney on Carbon Poker.

My SS all-in with (A5) got called by (87), who hit two eights – one on the flop and one on the turn.

It was my first time back to the site in a long time. I was pounded into powder the last time I was there. But after some poundings on PokerStars, I decided a change of scenery was in order. It worked obviously.

What I like about Carbon Poker is how after everyone is all-in, the winning percentages are shown. I think it is a great feature that should be copied by the BIG boys of the poker internet. It would certainly help your scribe when doing the NPP games.

What I don’t like about it is that you have very little time to make decisions and you cannot see the tournament lobby. At least I didn’t find a way to view the tourney lobby. I could see ‘Info’ and see where I stood and how many were left. But I could not see the payouts – which bugged me.

Maybe if you don’t have ‘running’ tournaments open on your main menu, you can’t find it to click on it. If anyone knows, tell us. Or I will have to just put ‘running’ back on and see if that works.

More NPP poker news and props to hand out: Tigercub8189 has a win and a 3rd in his last two 90 player SNG's he entered! Nice job there Cub.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go brother! You the man. Thanks for the comment too.