Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What About an NPP ‘Rookie’ League?

I have been thinking about this since PokerStars lowered the entry fee amount available to me. I can now schedule a tourney for $1.10. So, I was thinking about a ‘rookie’ league on Monday night.

The question is will that draw new players or simply split the field of current players?

I know we lost some players because of our stakes structure. Some don’t play because it is too low and I can’t get some players to enter because it is too high.

I know you all are out there recruiting hard – yeah, right – but I would like to know what sort of resistance you are getting, if any.

I can’t do anything about the men who don’t play because of dishpan hands, but maybe there are some guys and gals out there, who would like to play, but want to get a Quarter in for under $20 – to check – it, us and themselves - out.

Who would be eligible for the ‘Rookie League’? Well, I think we all know who is NOT!

But all new players, most players who tried NPP for a spell and any current player that wants to petition to get in the Rookie League would be eligible. Some players could play in both leagues as ‘Rookies’ can move up, but ‘Big Game’ players can’t move down.

The NPP Tournament Committee will review each application of current players fairly.

The seat winners in the Rookie League however, must move up to the ‘Big’ Game. But the ‘Rookie’ league will have an NPP Rookie of the Year Champion!

I know everyone can get in a $1 or $5 SNG anytime they want. After I hit the lottery, I will offer a tournament overlay that will have us flooded with players. Right now, all I can offer – over and above the standard SNG - is a fun and competitive tourney and a blog with write-ups, standings, jokes, articles, some pictures women force on Faldo, and …HISTORY!

Any comments or suggestions on this subject?

1 comment:

Nik Faldo said...

Dish pan hands? LOL
I kill me.
I should just call them Davethedog/cigar4john hands.