Friday, September 18, 2009

K9isadog and Faldo Play a Tourney at PPL, but no Nub!

For the definition of Nub, see the ‘Wookin Pa Nub’ video in the Faldo video section.

Thursday is the night for Premier Poker Lounge’s middle stakes tourneys. It was Faldo’s 1st event there since PPL’s relocation. I must admit, it was a huge upgrade.

The food is better, the bathrooms closer, the entrance is easier, the parking is closer and well – lit.

We will have an NPP invasion of PPL set up in the near future. I think a little dinner meeting prior to the poker tourney would be a great Friday night this fall or winter.

I didn’t know who K9 was until last night, even though I have played poker with him before at PPL.

K9 noticed my NPP hat and asked if I was Faldo. I said yes and asked if he read the blog. He said, “I play in the NPP tournaments.”

I asked what was his PokerStars handle and The Dog said, “Guess.”

Well, Faldo went into the ‘tank’ for about 2 minutes, trying to recall NPP players close to Hartland, MI., that I did not already know their face. But, I did guess correctly, for the first correct poker read of my entire life!

As for the tournament results, my AIPF with (33) lost to (QJ) who rivered a straight, to finish 5th. K9 went out next in 4th, but I did not see the hand as I was listening to WSOP dealer stories from Allinduces.

Allinduces has played in our tourney, dealt in the WSOP and runs PPL. He has promised to send me stories to post on this blog. But we will see, as my email bag is so far ….empty!

Just a reminder, Quarter 4 starts this coming Tuesday. It is a great time to introduce some new players to our Tuesday League.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Wookin Pa Nub in all the bong bases"
Hey I get noticed in my NPP hat also, All the boys in Ferndale keep trying to take it....from behind. twhs

Guess who?