Friday, January 30, 2009

Faldo Finishes 6th and 7th in the Same Day

Faldo not playing well. Faldo not getting cards, flops, turns, rivers or nub! Faldo getting set over setted, turned, rivered and bluffed. Faldo getting every move countered. Faldo’s confidence and table presence shot to heck.

Well, there are two cures for this my fellow poker players:

Making the wife shovel more snow (without gloves or boots) and having her walk 5 miles to the beer store to buy two cases for me didn’t work by the way. (Hey, I thought it would.)

Nope, the two cures are either:

A) Take a break for a while – and then return to regular play or drop down in stakes
B) Drop down in stakes and bear down

Since I have time on my hands (thanks to Democrats, Granholm, labor unions, Washington and half the American voters not knowing what makes this nation great), option A was not considered.

So, I hunkered down and dropped down. This resulted in a 6th place finish on Full Tilt in one of those 180 person SNG’s and a 7th place finish in a 361 player tourney on World Poker Exchange!

This got me 10 times and 12 times my entry respectively. Still no nub on Poker Stars, but I bubbled with class in one and watched my KK go down in flames to AQ early in the other. Maybe it is turning around.

So I gave my wife her gloves back. ; -)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you gave your wife her gloves back,... Hope you gave her your metal spiked golf shoes so she wouldn't slip while she's shoveling the snow.

bigbrimar


P.S.
You're so warm & fuzzy

Anonymous said...

So when u suck at golf this summer, you will start playing from the "forward" tees? Does that analogy work?

Cigar

Nik Faldo said...

Yes it does Cigar. But, at least I will be PLAYING golf!

Matchy said...

Had a home game at Matchy's last night featuring myself, Dave E., 7Jokers, Boother, Arcticblast and Jim F. Omaha high only double bed was the game of the night, pineapple rum shots were the drink of the night. I think Dave E. had aces full on about 90% of the flops, I usually had trip queens on top and an open ended straight draw with a flush draw on the bottom!Big winner was Dave, I am sure others took home a little. We missed Faldo!

Good times were had by all, at least I have the returnable money! Go Cardinals

Nik Faldo said...

Matchy, I apologize for missing the game, but already had plans with my son to watch the UFC fights.

Beerhog was at the Blue Oyster sauna and Davethedog and Cigar were at a Brokeback Mountain II casting audition.

Anonymous said...

A good time had at Matchy's. There was something in the air all night long that just wouldn't go away. It seemed to be coming from 3 different directions too....??? LMAO Nice job Matchy. Thanks

7Jokers

Matchy said...

The nice thing about Jim showing up was the 2 decks of KEM cards he gave me! The other "gifts" of hot air when he shat himself about 25 times were another story...I think my shirt was over my nose for the better part of the night and it was not to hide my tells!