Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Douge2 Wins The 1st NPP Tourney of 2009 - and His 1st!

We are off and running for the new season. We set a record with 22 entries – shattering the old mark of ….a lot less. Fourteen I think (too drunk to look it up right now).

Sign ups for this league totaled 55 of the 64 limit set by the NPP Tourney Committee. My experience running games tells me you get half of the “Yeah, I’m playing” commitments. Internet – email is slightly worse. Las Vegas put the over/under at 24 ½ - and I bet my entire life savings on the OVER.

I’ll be begging next week during the round so don’t report me!

How this will work is – if we get 64 who have actually played in an NPP event, their data will remain in the records. If you don’t play for five weeks, your spot could be taken by a new player.

Longest delay without playing - Lowest point people – then seniority will have to be the factors going into the decisions. But no worries yet. Only 22 spots on the totals board are taken right now.

Speaking of which, on to the action!

4 min: Cigar4John (22nd) – one of the original NPP live game guys and a part time internet guy, stopped by and was treated rudely. I didn’t see the hand but I think it was a big pair versus a bigger pair that sent him to the rail. Welcome back John. Hope you can play more this year.

18 min: Whilden (21st) is one of our new players - treated to a typical NPP greeting of his (QQ) losing to TheNewY2K’s (AA).

25 min: One of last year’s finalists, Tigercub8189 (20th) ran into the EXACT same hand with the EXACT same person – seven minutes later.

27 min: Theedouble*d (19th) was the next to go out. Another new player - who got the typical NPP greeting. I didn’t see the hand, but if he has to go out early, I was hoping it was going to be 38th.

Get it? 38DD? I kill me. Sorry, I will refrain from that cheap humor from now on. I think (and you all wish).

29 min: Mistermusic5 (18th), a new player who joined us for the year end Heads Up tourney, had his turn card flush get drowned on the river by Douge2’s full house.

33 min: Crackbuyer (17th) was the next one out. No info. Knock me out quicker people and the article will have more information in it.

35 min: New player and short – stacked Kensik (16th) made a move with (A6) and lost to Sirgash and his (TT).

36 min: Last year’s Player of the Year, Duder1123 (15th) was gone next. No info.

41 min: New player Akensi (14th) goes all-in with (JJ) and runs into Douge2’s (KK). Ouch! See above for history of new players.

45 min: New player Gobluebilly (13th) is gone next. No info.

47 min: New player RKidder51400 (12th) is the next one gone. No info.

50 min: ThePunk75 (11th) has his (AT) lose to LittleRedElf’s (AQ).

56 min: New player Jager244 (10th) is the next one out. No info.

Break to only one table! An incredible amount of carnage already! I expected 2 table of six players at least at 1st break. But a lot of big hands collided early. And we get it done before the 2nd break too. Where was the fire I wonder?

Rennzzo – 7200
Douge2 – 5900
Sirgash – 5400
TheNewY2K – 4000
LittleRedElf – 3200
Hlam14 – 2600
Mikeniks – Faldo – 1600
7Jokers – 2000
Nixi44 – 1200

62 min: One of last year’s finalists, 7Jokers (9th) raises a bunch with (KK) and is called by Douge2 with (AQ). After a flop of [Q9A], 7Jokers goes all-in and sees the bad news.

74 min: Short-stacked Nixi44 (8th) goes all-in with (A6) and runs into LittleRedElf’s (AA).

82 min: I – Mikeniks-Faldo (7th) meet a similar short-stack demise when my (AT) cannot run down LittleRedElf’s (77).

89 min: One of last year’s finalists, Hlam14 (6th) makes his all-in move with (Kh Th) an is called by LittleRedElf’s (AK). The flop of clubs [2KA] ends the discussion.

90 min: TheNewY2K (5th) has his (AK) run into Rennzzo’s (JJ).

99 min: Douge2 and LittleRedElf (4th) call-check in. The flop of [9JQ] has LittleRed bet and Doug call. The turn of [8] gets both players all in with Doug holding the higher straight.

104 min: Rennzzo (3rd) takes the bad beat of the night when his (AA) loses to Sirgash’s trip 3’s. Rennzzo goes out three minutes later as his flopped pair of ladies lose to Douge2’s flush. No nub for Rennzzo.

110 min: Sirgash (2nd) calls all-in with his (QQ) into a flop of [745]. That looks safe enough I guess – except Douge2 is holding (63). Congratulations Douge2 on your 1st NPP victory! Welcome to the Walk of Fame!

1st – Douge2 – 20 pts
2nd – Sirgash – 14 pts
3rd – Rennzzo – 10 pts
4th – LittleRedElf – 7 pts
5th – TheNewY2K – 5 pts
6th – Hlam14 – 4 pts
7th – Mikeniks-Faldo 3 pts
8th – Nixi44 – 2 pts
9th – 7Jokers – 1 pt
10th – Jager244
11th – ThePunk75
12th – Rkidder51400
13th – Gobluebilly
14th – Akensi
15th – Duder1123
16th – Kensik
17th – Crackbuyer
18th – Mistermusic5
19th – Theedouble*d
20th – Tigercub8189
21st – Whilden
22nd – Cigar4John

Standings will be on the right side of the blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

More points then I had from year! Great Start! Woot! 8th this week - perhaps 1st next week? Sirgash is gloating WAY TOO MUCH about his winning streak with NPP. He's been placing 5/7 times he had played with ya guys! Great game!

Keep the humor going Nik. Drink some more next week :)

Anonymous said...

Not 5/7 only 4/7 or 4/8, no need to fib!! I just like picking on you nixi:)

Does me no good to place anyway...you just take all my money:( That is why I threw the game too douge last night with my QQ:p

Nik Faldo said...

Posted the MI Forum Tourney on the right side of NPP.

I would of done it sooner but I had to go get it myself.

I plan on playing.

Anonymous said...

It's good for you to visit the forum from time to time anyway:p Now just have to figure out how to trick him into posting more:)