Saturday, January 10, 2009

Faldo Finishes 4th in UB Tourney

Against 152 other players this morning. Ultimate Bet has these bounty tournaments where 1/3rd of the entry is for bounties. If you knock someone out, you pick up a bounty. Usually if you knock out about five players, you make your entry fee back.

I played well, got cards at the right time and read a guy's bluff correctly. I even got called on my semi-bluff and hit my hand as a 3 to one dog. You have to do that at least once usually to go deep in a tourney.

Got down to the final 18 and I sat 7th. Not too bad. But the players all went on steroids and I didn't have even a draw to get in there with. So when the final table arrived, I was now 7th of 9. Still ok but not alot of nub to spare.

Finally had to make a stand in the SB when I hit my pair of twos and a possible backdoor straight draw with (25) and a flop of [249]. But a limper actually had (99) and I was a goner in 4th place.

Made 8 times my entry - including the 5 bounties I collected.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Fourputt.

Herbavor

Anonymous said...

Good job Nik
I felt like I was there.


R.S.

Anonymous said...

Stupid 180 person $4 tourneys on Pokerstars. I've finished 11th and 12th back to back. It's technically "cashing" but barely.

Did about the same in another 90 person turbo tourney.

Spinning my wheels on that site right now. Which is probably better than going in reverse, eh?