Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Steveseam Wins at NPP in His 1st Round!

Congratulations Steve.
It has happened only five times before.

I won the first NPP tourney on-line. Poker Stars had to rig that!

Actually, it was only me and DavetheDog (Fourputt) in the first one and I paid him $100 to sit out and get blinded out. Worked for me!

But SpartanToJo, Momo, Doneill and Hammer1010 did it honestly.

Doneill actually won 3 of his first 5 tourneys!

What ever happened to Momo and Hammer?

And Hlam14, light a fire under ToJo will you? He should be a regular. Anyway, we want to welcome the new players besides Steveseam.

There was ThePunk75, who seemed to have brought his own booing section (HTM-xxx?), and Sirgash! Welcome guys. HTM should get on the table so he can harass us all evenly and fairly.

On to the action:

8 min: Nahanni (14th) got crippled when her pair of aces on the turn (A4) ran into Steve’s two pair (65). [Q65] [A] [8].

23 min: Your host Mikeniks-Faldo (13th) makes a bad call to get knocked out. Yeah, I was cold-decked with a BB vs SB special, but so what? I knew I was beat and called anyway. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Bighousea2 raises our blinds after a flop of [A6A] and Rennzzo and I call.

The turn is a [7] and Bighouse bets and Rennzzo calls and I re-raise with (A8). Bighouse folds and Rennzzo goes all-in. I know he has (A7) or (66), but I call anyway {lazy poker}.
He has (A6) and I don’t get my miracle eight.

I was so mad I knocked my dunce cap off of my head with a sledge hammer. Who invited players from Hudson, MI anyway….oh, that was me.

24 min: Bighousea2 (12th) follows right behind as his short-stack all-in with (QJ) and a flop of [8KQ] runs into Hlam14’s (K9).

52 min: Some poker is played before UMichpoker (11th) has to make a move with (A8) and runs into Doneill’s (JJ).

53 min: I missed Sirgash’s (10th) exit as I was writing down UMichpoker’s demise. Now we are at one table.

54 min: Biglou93 (9th) falls out as his short stack all-in with (A2) and a flop of [JA2] runs into Hlam14’s (JJ). That hand is killing people tonight.

Break:
Steveseam 5255
ThePunk75 3278
Tigercub8189 2945
Doneill 2750
Rennzzo 2697
Hlam14 2140
7Jokers 1375
Duder1123 560 (sitting in Faldo’s old seat. He had no chance!)

66 min: ThePunk75 (8th), after a long think with (TT) decides to call an all-in by Steveseam on a flop of [5Q3]. Steveseam has (Q9) and there is no help coming.

Pick up my cap and we can share it tonight, Punk75.

67 min: Duder1123 (7th) has to make a move with (A3) and runs into Rennzzo’s (AT).

71 min: Hand of the night! A short-stacked Tigercub8189 makes his stand on a draw with (A3) and a flop of [KQT], with Steveseam already in with (J3) and has the Cub covered. A [9] on the turn makes it look grim for the Cat, but a three-outer [J] shows up, using up another cat life.

I always hit hands like that ……NOT!

89 min: 7Jokers (6th) makes his move with (AK) {yes, he plays that trash} and is called by the big stack Steveseam with (KJ). But a [J] on the flop AND river ends the Joker’s hope to gain on Hlam14 tonight.

103 min: Tigercub8189 uses some more cat lives as his all-in with (A6) is met with Rennzzo’s (QQ). A [6] on the flop and an [A] on the river makes these two switch places in the chip totals.

105 min: Rennzzo (5th) now has to go when his (K3) pairs on the bottom of a [344] flop. He is called by Doneill (XX) and Steveseam (AQ). An [A] on the river again against Rennzzo is this time fatal.

106 min: Doneill does an Hudini act and survives an all-in with Steveseam.

112 min: Tigercub8189 (4th) finally has his A-rag all-in lose to Steveseam’s (JJ).

JJ was the hand of death tonight I guess.

113 min: Hlam14 (3rd) has his A-rag fall to Steveseam’s (99).

114 min: Poker Stars must need the table as it rolls up the remaining players. Doneill’s all-in with (K5) and a flop of [6QK] is called by the huge stack of Steveseam with (JT). An [A] on the river – yet again – ends the evening.

Congratulations Steveseam!

1st – Steveseam 10 pts
2nd – Doneill (21 pts)
3rd – Hlam14 41 pts
4th – Tigercub8189 7 pts
5th – Rennzzo 2 pts
6th – 7Jokers 20 pts
7th – Duder1123 5 pts
8th – ThePunk75
9th – BigLou93 3 pts
10th – Sirgash
11th – Umichpoker
12th – Bighousea2 1 pt
13th – Mikeniks-Faldo (19 pts)
14th – Nahanni74 (1 pt)
Hammer1010 10 pts
McGuinness 10 pts
Matchy 3 pts
ArcticBlast 3 pts

Total points race is located on the right side of the blog!

5 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

More players and less chatter???

I'm depressed.

Let me start it off.

HTM or whatever should join us next round. Love his trash talk but it is better if he is IN!

Oh, and Beerhog was seen in Ferndale with Matchy. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Matchy said...

Speaking of Beerhog and Matchy, are any of you guys interested in meeting up for one of those $25 charity tourneys? I am looking to play a little cards tomorrow night. They are in Howell, Taylor or Novi or almost every other city.

Matchy said...

Edit that, I forgot its Halloween. How about Saturday?

Anonymous said...

saturday at the sharks club (howell)? cards fly at 7:30 or 8:00. 20 buy in. let me know if you are interested matchy. or anyone else. we can show up a little early and have a beer to talk about strategy. or just look at the female wait staff. if you want to play faldo they do have male bartenders!



beerhog

Matchy said...

I ain't going to be able to do the charity thing this weekend Hogg, family in town etc...