Tuesday, October 21, 2008

McGuiness007 Makes His Return Memorable!

We welcome a new player UMichPoker (Michele) to NPP.

We are looking forward to her flock joining the NPP fold. I think this will be the best internet league around – both for talent and trash talk! Bar none!

As usual, we treat our new players with ZERO courtesy! That is the NPP way I guess.

But it is an old player who returns to kick the poop out of us! Your host was (as it turned out) thankfully late and was able to miss the carnage.

21 min: UMichPoker (9th) gets PS’ed as her (AA) runs into Doneill’s (55) and a [5] on the flop.

48 min: 7Jokers (8th) gets all-in with (AQ), but Nahanni has (KK).

Everyone seemed to have their panty hose in a bunch as tight play was the way of the evening. We make it to break with seven players!

Nahanni 2870
McGuiness007 2330
Tigercub8189 1840
Doneill 1790
Hlam14 1790
Rennzzo 1735
Duder 1145

78 min: A short stacked Tigercub8189 (7th), who was river bit all night, hits a flop of [AA9] with (J9), only to see McGuiness007 holding (AJ).

85 min: A short stacked Rennzzo (6th) has to go when his (Q9) hits a flop with a [9] in it. McGuiness is pot committed with (Kc2c) and a flush draw and hits a [K] on the river.

88 min: Being the chip leader at the break seems to be a curse that Nahanni (5th) was all too aware of. She gets all in with (A7) and has two callers: Doneill (A9) and Duder (KK). The flop with [99] ends Nahanni’s evening. Duder survives due to his monster stack he built in 28 minutes.

93 min: A short stacked Doneill (4th) (after getting hurt by McGuiness007 earlier) makes his move with (A8) and runs into Duder’s (77), and no help arrives.

100 min: A short-stacked Hlam has to go all-in with (97) and a [7] on the flop. A low stacked Duder calls with (JJ) and a [9] on the river reverses their fortunes!

2nd Break!

Hey, your host was drunk and has to go to work in the morning! This is going long! Where is the love for him?

McGuiness007 7895
Duder 3421
Hlam14 2184

125 min: Hlam14 built his chips to a slightly higher total than Duder’s (3rd) by this time. Hlam goes all in with (AJ) and Duder has to call with (TT). An [A] on the river ends Duder’s run.

132 min: The big bully McGuiness calls the short-stacked Hlam14’s all in with (2nd) with (Kh Qc). Hlam14 holds (QQ). But a 4 club board wins it for McGuiness!

Welcome back McGuiness after a six month break! UMichigan Poker – welcome aboard the NPP yacht.

1st – McGuiness007 10 pts
2nd – Hlam14 36 pts
3rd – Duder 5 pts
4th – Doneill (14 pts)
5th – Nahanni (1 pt)
6th – Rennzzo 1 pt
7th – Tigercub8189 4 pts
8th – 7Jokers 20 pts
9th – UMichPoker
Mikeniks-Faldo (19 pts)
Hammer1010 10 pts
Matchy 3 pts
ArcticBlast 3 pts
BigLou 3 pts
Bighouse 1 pt

Total points for final seats at the right side of the blog. ( ) = already has seat in Finals

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you want to add MORE players!!!  it would be a great option to pick from a selection of blind duration...I'm gonna make that suggestion to PS...cuz 10 minute blinds would be a bit better (don't you think?)you forgot to mention my quad 3s that I folded.......whaaaaa!!!  whaaaa!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you know what I was thinking?...and I appologize now if you all think this is stupid...but what if players (if they wanted) were to submit their picture to you and you created a spot on the blog where the players could go see the people they are playing?  I think it would be kinda nice to put a face to the name especially if we start adding a bunch of new regulars. 

Anonymous said...

dont do it! my stomach cant handle the constant strain from vomiting.




beerhog

Anonymous said...

well, I'm not forcing you to look at my picture.

Anonymous said...

have you seen faldo? the scary part is he only takes nudes!


bh

Anonymous said...

nudes w/ dudes......



bh

Matchy said...

If you post my pic make sure you include in my bio that I am married, I don't need a bunch of additional women bothering me. Also please don't use one of my shirtless pics where I am flexing. I am plenty hot as it is and I don't want to intimidate any new players.

Nik Faldo said...

Pictures? Great idea!

I will just use the pic of me Playgirl used when they did their "Hottest Studs on the Planet" series.

It was supposed to be a Top Ten, but after they posted mine, they couldn't top it.

Matchy said...

Fixed prior post for Faldo...edited for truthfulness.

Pictures? Great idea!

I will just use the pic of me Playgirl used when they did their "Hottest Studs on the Planet" series.

It was supposed to be a Top Ten, but after they posted mine in the "brokeback east series", they couldn't believe how many new subscriptions they received in Ferndale.

Nik Faldo said...

Matchy, why did you and Beerhog set up multiple post office boxes in Ferndale just to get copies?

Anonymous said...

NUDES W/ DUDES.......

Matchy said...

I resent your comment that I own a PO box in Ferndale. My only connection with that city is that I enjoy "parading" around the downtown streets once or maybe twice a year. After all, who doesn't love a good parade?