Thursday, July 11, 2013

Faldo Injured, But Here Are Some Golf Quotes

Faldo has Tennis Elbow and got it golfing. An attempted draw shot that was a little chunky, but one Faldo has hit hundreds of times. This time the tendon at the elbow was having none of that. It felt like a dagger stuck in the forearm.
The doctors have said a month off, then stretching exercises for 2 weeks, then function exercises for a month, then strengthening exercises for another month, then ball hitting off of tees on the driving range to see how it feels.

I rested it a week and am I’m playing tomorrow.  I tried this last week too and for some reason it hurt worse. Go figure. But I am sure it is ok now. Now for some golf quotes:

“I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father." - Greg Norman

"You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of them are so rich that neither of their husbands work." - Lee Trevino

"I'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced." - Lee Trevino

"The first time I played the Masters, I was so nervous I drank a bottle of rum before I teed off. I shot the happiest 83 of my life." - Chi Chi Rodriquez

"Golf is a fascinating game. It has taken me nearly forty years to discover that I can't play it." -  Ted Ray

"If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death." - Sam Snead

"My goal this year is basically to find the fairways." - Lauri Paterson

"I know I'm getting better at golf because I'm hitting fewer spectators." - Gerald Ford

"Give me the fresh air, a beautiful partner, and a nice round of golf... and you can keep the fresh air and the round of golf." - Jack Benny

"It took me seventeen years to get 3,000 hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course." - Hank Aaron

"These greens are so fast I have to hold my putter over the ball and hit it with the shadow." - Sam Snead

"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at." - Jimmy Demaret

"The reason the pro tells you to keep your head down is so you can't see him laughing." - Phyllis Diller

"After all these years, it's still embarrassing for me to play on the American golf tour. Like the time I asked my caddie for a sand wedge and he came back ten minutes later with a ham on rye." - Chi Chi Rodriguez

You can't go into a shop and buy a good game of golf." -Sam Snead

"You've got just one problem...you stand too close to the ball after you hit it."
- Nik Faldo

"If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, you'd be a much better golfer by now." – Nik Faldo

"My favorite shots are the practice swing and the conceded putt. The rest cannot be mastered." - Lord Robertson

"If you really want to get better at golf, go back and take it up at a much earlier age."
- Nik Faldo

"There is no such thing as 'natural touch.' Touch is something you create by hitting millions of golf balls. - Lee Trevino

"Forget your opponents; always play against par." - Sam Snead

"Keeping the head still is golf's one universal, unarguable fundamental." - Jack Nicklaus

"Rhythm and timing are the two things which we all must have, yet no one knows how to teach either." - Bobby Jones

"Concentrate on hitting the green. The cup will come to you." - Cary Middlecoff

"Practice puts brains in your muscles." - Sam Snead

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a shame!
Cigar

Bigbrimar said...

Hey, you told me you playing "Chess", lets get the story straight.

Bigbrimar said...

^^ did that^^

PokerMagnet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RVOnlineGaming said...
This comment has been removed by the author.