Thursday, August 09, 2012

LittleRedElf Dominates PokerStars – and Not Just on Tuesday Nights

LittleRedElf sends us a report on how he does when not at the NPP tables:

“I entered the PokerStars 7:32 PM HORSE tourney Tuesday night just before our league tourney.

There were 415 entrants who all paid 10,500 play money chips. All of the games have a limit betting structure; Hold ‘Em, Omaha H/L (8 or better), Razz, Seven Card Stud and Seven Card Stud H/L (8 or better). Everyone started with 2,000 chips. I ended up in 3rd place after a little more than 2.5 hours of play and received 33,200 chips for my efforts.

I truly enjoy playing the different kinds of games. Last Tuesday, I managed to win the 5:47 PM Razz tourney that also ended during our league play. There were about 390 players who paid 109 Chips and I managed to receive about 8,000 for the win. I encourage others to learn and play other games, also, even if just for the variety of play.

Then, two nights later, I won the same 7:32 PM HORSE tourney tonight. There were 386 entrants, it cost 1,050 chips to enter, but it only took 2h 19m to complete and I received 75,270 chips for my efforts. When it was heads up, I was a 3 to 1 underdog but I battled back, catching a couple of bluffs by the villain and finally got him in the end with 2 pair in 7 Card Stud.” – LittleRedElf

Wow! Thanks for the report Elf!

Not to be outdone, Faldo finished 9th in a tournament, making the final table about equal to everyone else in chips.

Wait, that was a 10-person SNG. Never mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Elf

I also love the "other" games. In fact holdem is quickly becoming boring.

How about a non holdem game at NPP? You should be able to setup other games in our league. I say lets try one. Couldn't hurt.

Punk

Nik Faldo said...

I would love to set up a non-holdem night, Punk.

I originally wanted the winner of the week before to pick the tournament game for the next week. I thought that would add a kick to the Tuesday party.

Alas, the members spoke out overwhelmingly to leave it as a NL Holdem event.

No sense holding a tourney where less people attend. I love all our players but when the majority speak, Faldo listens.