Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ThePunk75 Wins His 4th NPP Tilt of the Year!

ThePunk75 was also at his nimble best this evening.

He is back on a roll. ThePunk75 beats thirteen others to take the win and move into the top ranks of NPP winners. Nice job Punk.
Faldo seems to have moved from bubbling the Final Table, to bubbling the cash line, to bubbling the Winner’s Circle.
As a Bubble Master, I think the 2nd place bubble is the hardest to take. Trust me.
We welcome back Eyekall to the NPP felt and the NPP Standings Leader Board. Nice job.

Pre01 continues his streak of final tables and cashes also, taking over the lead in the 2nd Quarter race for a seat in the NPP Finals.
We missed Tomservo2 this evening. He registered but never made it to the felt. Faldo will find out what happened and report it.
On to the action:
12 min: Sandster89 (15th) sees his Nines and Twos lose to Eyekall’s Queens and Nines. Ouch!
38 min: Derf-63 (14th) Queen-high straight run into K9isadog’s Broadway straight! Ouch!
47 min: A short-stacked (SS) T3chlady (13th) with (44) and a SS Lump2 (12th) with (KJ) both lose to ThePunk75’s (99).
48 min: A SS 8thmile (11th) is double-teamed by K9isadog and the winner Mikeniks-Faldo, who hits trip Jacks.
51 min: 95corolla (10th) Missed hand as the table closes fast.
1st break:
ThePunk75   7730
Eyekall   4737
K9isadog   3319
Mikeniks-Faldo   3195
Pre01   1220
SpartanFlash   990
Suetman123   664
Absea98    610
Tomservo2   125

Lots of action early after the break!
62 min: SS Absea98 (9th) and SS SpartanFlash (8th) lose to Pre01’s pair of Aces.
63 min: Tomservo2 (7th) blinds out as he never showed.
67 min: A SS Suetman123 (6th) has to go with (AQ) and ThePunk75 calls with (T9) and the flop holds a [9]. Ouch!
79 min: K9isadog (5th) is double-teamed by Mikeniks-Faldo with (JJ) and ThePunk75 with (KQ) and a [Q] hits the river.
Discussion: ThePunk75 claims pre-flop and after a flop of [Ten – high], I should push and get him out of there. I say, not with Jacks. I guess if I am playing simply for the win, it’s the right move. But I think KK or AA, yes. JJ is vulnerable to too many over cards on a board that is going to run out, as is what happened.

Do you keep the 2nd Villain in to help take the short stack out (who is a dangerous player remember) , or do you get him out and try to go it alone, and possibly get called by trips or lose to the short-stack who might have been beat by the 2nd villain?

Or how about PokerStars doesn’t river Faldo just one time????? I know. Does Faldo want some cheese with that whine?

87 min: A SS Pre01 (4th) goes with (K5) and a flop of [KXX] and is called by ThePunk75 with (KJ).
98 min: A SS Eyekall (3rd) goes with (AJ) and loses to ThePunk75’s (7d 5d) which rolls out a full house for the Punk.

Heads Up:

ThePunk75     13000      -      Mikeniks-Faldo     9500

105 min:     ThePunk75     10000      -      Mikeniks-Faldo     12500

109 min:  Stack still the same size basically. Faldo raises, ThePunk re-raises leaving 4000 in his stack with the blinds at 150/300 and Faldo moves all in. ThePunk75 has (66). Do you call if you are ThePunk?

Faldo - holding (55), which is irrelevant at this time for the Punk - figures no way ThePunk calls without QQ thru AA, or AK. ThePunk75 calls and wins.

Another fine decision by Faldo, throwing away the chip lead on a move. The old “Action” Faldo folds his (55) and keeps the chip lead.
Or was it a weak call by ThePunk75? Did Faldo need AJ, AQ or 99-QQ to make this move?  Discussion?

110 min:     ThePunk75     17500      -      Mikeniks-Faldo     5000

113 min:  Mikeniks-Faldo (2nd) hits his straight, but ThePunk75 has a flush.

Congratulations to ThePunk75 on his 4rd NPP win of the year and his 14th over all!

1st – ThePunk75
2nd – Mikeniks-Faldo
3rd – Eyekall
4th – Pre01
5th – K9isadog
6th – Suetman123
7th – Tomservo2
8th – SpartanFlash
9th – Absea98
10th – 95corolla
11th – 8thmile
12th – Lump2
13th – T3chlady
14th – Derf-63
15th – Sanster98
The 2nd Quarter Standings and the Total Point Standings are on the right side of the blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike, IMO the first hand was a big misplay by you. I raised 3x BB, K9 reraises all in for about 1k more, then you smooth call his all in. You should of shoved all in with those jacks. Your call gave me pot odds with some live cards. My call should of given you enough info to shove on that flop. There is no way I am letting you see a flop if I have AA,KK,QQ,AK. I would of reshoved over the top to put pressure on you to fold. Once a 10 high flop hit you should of shoved there with no scare cards out there. Your check gave me a free card, once the turn hit and it was another low card you again should of shoved all in. Your check gave me a free river which I hit. Like I said at the game if you shove at any point before river(or hell even bet) I'm folding. A feeler bet on flop.. and you win.

The 2nd hand little different story. I think you made a bad move on your shove. I was BB and you raised 4x. Now little history, you had raised several times preflop and I was waiting to catch you raising light. You had just chipped up to a 2-1 lead and I was needing to make a move. I walked into those 6's in BB. So you raised it up and I three bet to 2700(with about 4k behind). Now before that I don't think I three bet any of your preflop raises. That should of been a red flag. With your 5's at best its probably a race and are you gonna risk your chip lead on a race right then and there? Also like I said last night that 3 bet was a third of my stack so I was pot committed to a reraise from you. I was the short stack so a racing my mid pair to over cards was going to happen anyways. My hope was you were raising light on my BB and i would take down the pot preflop, but I would race if I had too. The 5's were a dream scenerio even with that gut shot sweat on turn.
There was no need to risk doubling me up against my 3 bet. I take down that pot and you still have a 4-5k chip lead.

Punk

Nik Faldo said...

I have to tell you Punk - now that the emotion of the competition has subsided - I think you are correct in both instances.

I played the first hand to get the result I was trying to get - another player out. I ignored trying to pick up chips for myself by concentrating on eliminating a short stack. I should have moved all in pre-flop.

On the second hand, I did figure you were going to get upset at my raising pre-flop and I figured you would play back with less than premium holdings at some point.

It was a race at best as my hand was not strong enough if you had a hand.

But I just "felt" you would not call with a small pair (88 or less) or paint in that spot. I didn't think you had a premium pair.

I made a "move" that is 'anti-Faldo' expecting you to read it as 'Standard Faldo'.

The "old" Faldo folds in that spot. I am forcing myself to go with my reads and feels.

I am still surprised you called. You had enough chips back to live to fight another day. The situation for you was much the same. Your 66 could have been easily dominated and a race was the best you could the best you could hope for facing an 'old Faldo' shove.

I guess you needed more chips for my "move" to work.

I am a 'work in progress'. Playing the players at NPP week after week, can only help all of our "game"!