Tuesday, September 16, 2008

7Jokers Wins Two in a Row!

7Jokers is the NPP man right now. He padded his victory lead. Meanwhile, Faldo got to pad his 2nd place tourney finish lead at the same time. But I am getting ahead of the story.

Boother was not available to attempt to tie Nahanni for the 3rd quarter point total. Some lame excuse of elk hunting in British Columbia, Canada.

Seven of us ventured to the game this night. With this battle hardened group, it took a while for the casualties to start.

53 min: A short-stacked Tigercub (7th) went all-in with (QJ) and did not catch to beat Nahanni’s (22).

55 min: A short-stacked Matchy (6th) had to go with (8d 4d), but Nahanni had (AK).

Break:

Nahanni 3348
Rennzzo 2089
Mikeniks-Faldo 1935
Hlam14 1650
7Jokers 1478

66 min: At around the 60 minute mark, Nahanni (5th) gets a Faldo run of cards.

Her flopped two pair get run down by 7Joker’s straight.

Her attempt to take out Rennzzo hit his (AA).

Then her desperate all-in with (KJ) ran into 7Joker’s (AQ). But congratulations Nahanni. You have a seat in the NPP Finals!

85 min: Even though Hlam (4th) predicted 7Jokers would take him out, it was me, Mikeniks-Faldo that seemed to have it in for him. I raised his BB four consecutive times and when he finally made a stand with (99), I had (AK) and hit my [K] on the river. Ouch!

100 min: The battle raged on for quite a few hands, when finally Rennzzo (3rd) makes his stand with (KT) and runs into Mikeniks' (A9).

Heads up: 7Jokers 6000 – Mikeniks-Faldo 4500

105 min: 7Jokers 7500 – Mikeniks-Faldo 3000

108 min: Mikeniks (2nd) makes a stand with (A7) but 7Joker’s (A5) hits a [5] on the river.
7Jokers is pulling away from the pack in NPP wins. Nice job Tim!

1st – 7Jokers (41 pts)
2nd – Mikeniks-Faldo (22 pts)
3rd – Rennzzo (22 pts)
4th – Hlam14 (8 pts)
5th – Nahanni (45 pts) Wins 3rd Qtr. Seat!
6th – Matchy (5 pts)
7th – Tigercub (33 pts)
Boother 34 pts
Beerhog 30 pts
Doneill 28 pts
ArcticBlast 13 pts
Duder 13 pts
Aqualung 10 pts
BigLou 5 pts
DavetheDog 3 pts

The total points race is on the right side of the blog!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Since Faldo pours alot of important and hardcore politics on us, I figure I can spice it up a bit with some useless celebrity gossip. Please look at the occupation of the knocked-up Jamie Lynn Spears boyfriend, very fitting! It provided me with a much needed LOL!

NEW YORK - The mother of Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears says Jamie Lynn told her she was pregnant in a note.


Lynne Spears said on NBC's "Today" show Wednesday that Jamie Lynn — 16 years old at the time — handed her the note and told her to go into the bedroom and read it.

The note said she was pregnant but "everything was gonna be OK, mom" and that she and boyfriend Casey Aldridge were going to raise the baby.

"I thought it was a joke," Spears said in an interview. "... I kept waiting for the punch line."

Spears said she realized it wasn't a joke because Aldridge, a **pipe-layer** from Liberty, Miss., wouldn't look at her.

"I was just truly in shock and then I started to cry. And then she started consoling me at that point," said Spears, who writes of Jamie Lynn and her older daughter, Britney, in her new memoir, "Through the Storm."

Lynne Spears said she blames herself for what happened.

"As a mother, don't we always blame ourselves? I mean, we're the first one that's gonna take the blame," she said. "We never get the credit, but we always question ourselves and say, `What did I do? We had this talk just a month ago.' I mean, I had no idea. I took a lot of the blame. I took all the blame."

Jamie Lynn, who starred in the Nickelodeon series "Zoey 101," announced her pregnancy last December. She and Aldridge welcomed daughter Maddie Briann in June. The couple are now engaged.

Lynne Spears said Britney is now back on track. The 26-year-old pop star recently picked up three awards at the MTV Video Music Awards in a recovery from her sluggish, performance at last year's event. She announced Monday that she'll release her new album, "Circus," on Dec. 2, her 27th birthday.

"She's strong, she's resilient, she's had some big bumps in the road but Britney's fine," she said. "Britney is headed to the top once again."

___

NBC is owned by the General Electric Co.

___

On the Net:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633/
He is a pipe layer alright!
your Hollywood correspondent Matchy

Matchy said...

Now "Fat Russ" is mentioned in a MSNBC article on a huge Ultimate Bet cheating scandal. I have not had time to read it yet but here is a link. See page 2 for Russ' name.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26563848/

Your story has the guy popping up all over. This one may be a big deal!

Nik Faldo said...

I didn't see Russ in that article. Besides, he has long since sold his stake in that site.

Anonymous said...

he is on page 2 faldo. and the current owners are pointing to the previous owners as the thieves.


what kind of guys are you hanging out w/ faldo?

this is not going to look good for your campaign.

give me $5 and i promise not to take this to the press......

your campaign manager,

beerhog

Anonymous said...

How is the campaign going?

I have to put my money with Bart. He may collect more votes.

Eventhough my heart is with the Faldo campaign.

Herbavor

Matchy said...

OK I finally had time to read the entire article at lunch today. Here is some irresponsible speculation...Russ is ALL OVER that article and is indeed the unnamed pro who met with Barry and his son. I have no idea with regards to his guilt or innocence but someone was definitely cheating. For lots more speculation visit the thread at the 2 plus 2 poker forums...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/news-ub-ap-article-msnbc-com-302338/

Anonymous said...

2ND ANNUAL GARAGE HOG FALL CLASSIC. CARDS FLY AT 7PM.


EL BEERO DA HOGOO

Anonymous said...

saturday

Nik Faldo said...

I'm out. USC cheerleaders invited me to stay at their hotel room. Another weekend as their hot tub lifeguard.

Matchy said...

I can't make this one either. My story is not as glamorous as Faldo's. I'll be home with the kids as my wife is out of town.

Anonymous said...

game cancelled.

0-3 on responses.