Sunday, February 24, 2008

Matchy’s Game Great Fun Again!

Six of us made it there and a good time was had.

It was a weird night card wise. 5 sets of quads appeared. A straight flush also appeared but Sev4TSev moved the card to the other board when he saw the ‘impossible to read Faldo’ start break-dancing when the card hit. 747 then moved the 9 of clubs to the other board and my now busted flush for some reason failed to win.

He mentioned some silly rule of dealing consistently. Thanks a pantload!

How is this for a weird one? ArticBlast, DaveE and Beerhog are in a high-low seven stud game that ArticBlast must have thought of while sitting at home in his underwear and reading the back of a Brokeback Mountain video. You deal 7-stud normal – then for extra rounds of betting, you pick the cards up, discard two and roll your hand out – like we do with Screw Your Neighbor.

Anyways, all three players look like they have full houses when the 5-stud rollout is over! ArticBlast realizes it and when they declare – he declares low with a 3’s over 7’s full house and wins! That has to be the biggest hand ever to win a low pot! DaveE took high with Q's over and Beerhog got the entire sum left over in the 'I Got Screwed' pot. I think we all know how much that is worth.

In the exact same game in a different hand, ArticBlast deals this hi-lo game under the rule that you can’t go both ways. You can only declare high or low - but not both. This left Sev4TSev in the weird predicament of having to decide who to give half the pot to.

He had the 7-high straight, I (Faldo) had a pair of Aces showing and probably was going high and ArticBlast had an 8-low possible showing. In our normal game, Sev4TSev goes both and scoops, and Artic and I would then bitch about what a lucky stiff 747 was. But that is not how ArticBlast calls the game.

After much thought and careful consideration by Sev4TSev (and the fact that I pulled a .45 out of my jacket and casually mentioned it holds 7-hollow point rounds, and I’m still not quite over the straight flush pimp job), he went low and I got the high pot with my trip Aces.

I know the decision was a tough one, but gee, I wonder why he decided the way he did? I guess we will never know.

Anyways, I will be sending ArticBlast his quarter of the pot via Poker Stars. He wouldn’t take it at the game, but I think it is the only fair way to do it. The one who got really killed (almost killed? – LOL - just kidding) by the rule was Sev4TSev. It was really his whole pot. That’s a shame!

Matchy kept feeding Beerhog Apple Pucker and Crown Royal, plus the normal flood of beer. I was waiting for the Herbavor Apple Beer Reflux scene but Beerhog maintained. U da man!

Great music in the background all night. Thanks, Matchy and Mrs. Matchy for the great hospitality.

I will see if I cannot get the old NPP re-lit for the March game. - Faldo

7 comments:

Matchy said...

It was truly a pleasure guys, thanks for coming by! There was definitely something in the air last night making alot of BIG hands. I swear 75% of the time we played flop draw I would have A, 2, 3 or 4. I was getting some cards. It looked like Beerhog was meditating at the table at the end of the night. Maybe he was trying to channel our hands thru ESP, or maybe he drank my whole fifth of apple pucker!

For some reason I felt alot better last night than this morning, seems to happen alot when I drink double digit Budweisers??

Anonymous said...

good game matchy. damn phuker or pucker schnapps kept me on the couch all day.


beerhog

Anonymous said...

It sounds like I missed a good one!! I will have to make the next one…maybe even host it!?!!?

The tourney in Wixom went well for me. I finished 3rd out of about 50 to 55 players for a $500 cash. I was hoping for a bigger prize pool and subsequently a bigger payout (I think the first flyer set my hopes a little too high with a promise of $5000 for 1st w/ 80 players). But they did have good food, a keg of beer (which explains my headache that I have had all day!!) and good company.

Don’t forget the White Lake game is on for March 8th with cards flying at 5:30 pm. If you need info on it, just get a hold of me.

Boother

Matchy said...

Boother good job on a big win. Now we know why you don't mess around with our penny-ante type stuff.

Nik Faldo said...

Ditto from me, Boother. Nice job!

Check Matchy. Why play with the ribbon clerks?

Anonymous said...

good job boother. hey matchy does ESP stand for eight shots of phucker?

beerhog

Matchy said...

I had to look up the definition of ribbon clerk:

Ribbon Clerk
Noun

A rock; a tight and passive player; a player who bets only relatively small amounts of money or chips.

EXAMPLE: "I noticed there were a few ribbon clerks at the table, so I picked a seat that put them on my left. That way I could be a little safer knowing my calls weren't as likely to be raised and knowing I could pick up some chips bullying them out of the pot occasionally."

APPLIES TO: Online and Land-based Venues

ESP=easily should puke