Wednesday, December 13, 2017

LittleRedElff Wins NPP 2017 Player of the Year!

Just another NPP groupie waiting in the NPP lounge for the Elf!
LittleRedElf can do miracles at the poker table - AND the bowling alley simultaneously. LRE beat a field of eight, including Faldo heads up - while competing in his bowling league at the same time!
Nothing to it for the Elf!

2nd - Mikeniks-Faldo
3rd - KingBing420
Bubble - Derf-63

Not only did LittleRedElf win for the 8th time this season, but he won the NPP Player of the Year title for the 1st time!
And Congratulations to LittleRedElf for his NPP leading 39th win of all time!

Thank you to all the players at NPP for another great season. See you all in 2018 when we will start again. To all a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year!

And now a safety tip from Douge2 for this holiday season:

Friends,
Please be careful with your drinking and driving this holiday season.

At my office Christmas party, I got a little carried away with the free alcohol. I started with a few cocktails, then a few beers and then as the night went on, a few shots with my favorite work partners.

I was wise enough to know that I had a few too many, so I took a cab home.
It was a good thing too, because the police had set up a roadblock looking for people that were over the legal limit. They waived my cab right on thru.

This was very fortunate for me because I had never driven a cab before!
But unfortunately, I don't remember where I got it and now that it is in my garage, I don't know how I am going to get rid of it!

So be careful out there! - An NPP Community Safety Tip

3 comments:

DERF said...

THANKS to ALL for a GREAT 2017 Season and especially to MIKE for his continued LOVE for running this league!! Lets get some "Old Timers" back in 2018 if possible .... just let us know we can get the Nursing Home logged in each week!!

Happy Holiday and Happy New Year 2018!!!

Fred

Derf-63

Absea98 said...

Yes, thank you Mike! Congratulations to our player of the year Dave! It would be fun to get the group back to our glory years, but play money will make that a tough order. I personally miss the more detailed, poker orientated weekly write ups, but I fully realize that time restraints dictate how much work can be put into the blog.

I plan to make an effort to shake up my game next season. My play is so predictable that I am the only one that doesn't know what I am going to do next.

Looking forward to 2018 and beyond!

Dave said...


I recently watched a documentary on tennis legend Boris Becker. He plays poker and is decent at it. One quote stood out - "Gambling is for amateurs, poker is for professionals".