Monday, August 04, 2008

Faldo Wins BoDog Tourney - 9th Victory On-Line

It was the smallest field of the nine victories, but it was over the 45 - SNG player limit for the site and had 87 players - so it qualifies as a tournament.

I took command half way thru the tourney and maintained 1st or 2nd place thru out - being in 2nd at the Final Table of nine players.

But I found myself in last place with five players left. There was one very aggressive player (picture Boother-Beerhog-Rownder-Nahanni all rolled into one crazy person), who was raising or going all-in nearly every hand.

URIZEN11 was stealing chips, blinds and stacks by hitting two outers. He got down to 187 chips at one point with the average stack at 30,000 - and fought his way back to 2nd place with four people left.

Urizen called my all-in with (A8) and my (JJ) held up and that got me back near the top. His alligator blood finally dried up and he finished in 3rd.

When we got down to heads up, I had a 2 to 1 chip lead over BigRandy105. After a few hands, my (QQ) beat his (Ah Th) and a victory drink and cigar is in order!

I won 27 times my entry.

1 comment:

Nik Faldo said...

I found Bart Maverick of NPP fame! I sent him a letter and let him know about our little league here.

Bart - welcome home! (if you come home that is.)

This part is amazing!
http://www.bartbaron.com/index.html