Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beerhog Wins NPP #23-11 for 2008

The newcomer and NPP destroyer Doneill continued to smack us around thru most of the evening. He started out beating the daylights out of us - with no mercy - and then got aggressive! It was very impressive poker.

Beerhog made a nice comeback at the end to win it!

The tourney of seven players was over in less than 80 minutes total!

14 min: BigLou (7th) slow-played his KK pre-flop and went all-in post flop, but Doneill hit trip 5’s.

33 min: ArcticBlast (6th) was late getting involved and had got blinded down some. He had to make his move with (TT) and ran into Doneil’s (AK), who hit the [K] on the river.

40 min: Tigercub got run over by a short-stack like me (Faldo). My (55) and Tiger’s (Ah Qh) hook up in a coin flip. Tiger gets his [A] on the flop, but I hit my [5] on the river.

51 min: Tigercub (5th) is put out of his misery when his (Q3) hits a flop of [KQ8] but Doneill’s (JT) picks up the [9] on the turn for the straight.

57 min: Rennzzo (4th), who also was late getting to the game, had to make his move with (Th 9s) and a flop of [Tc 7c 3c]. I (Mikeniks-Faldo) was also short-stacked and had to call with (Qc 9h). The turn completes my flush.

58 min: I (3rd) test the Poker Stars “eliminate short stacks at the break theory again for verification. I have (KT) and get called by Doneill with (44), and of course don’t improve.

Break:
Doneill 6433 (on fire all game)
Beerhog 4067 (was the short-stack when still 7-handed)

67 min: Almost identical in chips, they both call the blinds and the flop is [756]. Doneill bets the minimum and Beerhog calls. The turn is a [J]. A repeat of the flop action.

The river is a [9] and all heck breaks loose. Doneill goes all-in with his 7-high straight and is called by Beerhog with his 9-high straight. A little cold deck for the Don.

69 min: Beerhog’s (J2) beats Doneill’s (2nd) (76) to end the night.

Congratulations Beerhog! Maybe now you can pay for those $350 cigars (box of ten).

1st – Beerhog (17 pts)
2nd – Doneill 28 pts
3rd – Mikeniks-Faldo (28 pts)
4th – Rennzzo 25 pts
5th – Tigercub 29 pts
6th – ArcticBlast (16 pts)
7th – BigLou 31 pts
Rownder 33 pts
Nahanni 26 pts
Duder 26 pts
Boother (14 pts)
Aqualung (7 pts)
Sev4TSev (3 pts)
McGuiness (3 pts)

( ) means can’t win 2nd quarter seat

Total point standings are on the right side of the blog.

7 comments:

Nik Faldo said...

I will do what I got to do to post the next installment of "The Legend of the White Whale" prior to and in honor of the 2nd Qtr. Final!

A record seven players still have a shot at the seat and ties are possible also!

Rownder 33
BigLou 31
Tigercub 29
Doneill 28
Nahanni 26
Duder 26
Rennzzo 25

Crazy, but exciting stuff! Good luck next Tuesday!

Beerhog, when are you going to pick up your eight cigars for $420?

Anonymous said...

i thought it was 6 for $600.

beerhog

Nik Faldo said...

Don't try and scam me! It was 4 cigars for $750.

Or you can use the installment plan my Uncle Angelo taught me.

See, you can pay me $200 a month for 3 years and you will still only owe me $525.

Anonymous said...

To you fathers out there....

Happy Father's Day.

Herbavor

PS: my house is sold, Michigan peace out!!!!

Nik Faldo said...

Happy Father's Day to you too Herbavor!

Hope the Iowa flooding is not in your area.

Nik Faldo said...

I know you can make a lot of money playing golf. Neither one of my ex-wive's husbands have to work. - Lee Trevino

Anonymous said...

Iowa flooding is in the center of the state. I am hanging out on the east side, where it is fine.

Herbavor